PDA

View Full Version : Some exciting news about DVL.....

megan@lastchance
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I am posting this for Lynne Peterson of National Bass West....this is great news everyone, hope to see all of you there!!!!

Yes this is sooo very exciting...FIRST…..THANK YOU MEGAN MERCHANT for all of your hard work helping to get the ramp poured at Diamond Valley Lake. The Metropolitan Water District Board now know you by face and I am sure that they are very proud of your effortsand know your sincerity….We are thankful that MWD voted to fund and pour the ramp so that now we can all enjoy the world class fishery that we have here in Riverside County.

WE NEED YOU ON DECEMBER 12th...be the First to Fish (launch) DVL…….

Valley Wide Recreation in conjunction with National Bass West will be the first to launch at Diamond Valley Lake since October 13, 2008 when we were no longer able to launch.

The Metropolitan Water District is allowing Valley Wide Recreation to hold a charity tournament and a customer appreciation event on December 12, 2009 at Diamond Valley Lake.

Only those entered in the charity event will be allowed to launch that day. This event will be for both bass fishermen and trout fishermen.

The entry fees for this event will be:

Bass entry, $220 ($80 in options available)
Trout entry: $60 per adults (16 years and older)....$20 for 15 years and under (must have proof of age)

50% of the entry money will be going to Valley Wide, the rest back to you anglers.

The event fees include a barbecue for all of the anglers & plaques

Sign up at Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet. We will also have sign ups at the lake the morning of the event. We will also have information at Anglers Marine’s Bass-a-Thon this weekend.

Valley-Wide Recreation has had several charity events at Diamond Valley in the past. Because of the participation from the anglers, Valley Wide Recreation has been able to give scholarships to children who want to play baseball/softball but were unable to afford it, they have given scholarships to children who wanted to learn how to swim but were unable to afford the lessons. Last charity event that they had, they took part of the money and gave a small portion of it to San Jacinto Police Activity League where they bought rods/reels for the children and took 60 kids out and taught them how to fish. All of these examples are because of you anglers participating in the events.

We are very hopeful that this event will bring Valley Wide Recreation a lot of money and that you anglers have a great time back on Diamond Valley Lake.

More details to follow

Once again thank you to MEGAN and thank you to MWD.Any questions,

Lynne Peterson
National Bass West
760-497-8238

Matt_Magnone
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
HECK YEAH!!! CANT WAIT TO LAUNCH!!!

I CAN ALREADY FEEL THE FREEZING AIR BLAST MY FACE WHEN MY PARTNER BACKS ME DOWN THE RAMP! :Twisted:

megan@lastchance
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Just want to remind everyone that we moved. New address is 3356 Wentworth Dr. Same phone # 951-658-7410

If you take Sanderson off the Expressway, we are before the old shop. On the left hand side of the road coming from expressway, from old shop left hand side. Stoplight right after the railroad tracks.

fish ful
11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Megan, Will we need boat inspections again?

Also can we sign up at the lake the day of the event or do you have a limit of boats/teams? I want to be sure i get to participate.

I can't wait to fish my favorite lake and see some old friends.

Thanks for all your help!

megan@lastchance
11-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Good point, I believe the week prior they are starting the boat inspections. If you are not fishing anywhere else def a good idea to get it tagged, will help the day of the tourney. Also if you haven't put your boat on diamond before they will be doing those inspections also.

As far as signing up, you can sign up here or the day of the tournament. No limit on boats.

Also lets get the word out that there is a trout tournament also that day, think everyone is missing that part of the message.

Can't wait!!!!

Big Daddy
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I will be there great news

DarkShadow
11-18-2009, 06:53 PM
GREAT news!

Chuckie1014
11-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Do you ever think that there will be a day when Float tubes are allowed at DVL?? Your input is appreciated.

fish ful
11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks Megan! I will be fishing the Trout that day.
What time will the tackle shop be open the day of the event? I might stop in for some supplies and sign up early. Beats waiting in line freezing!

Thanks again for all your efforts with the ramp and our fishin future at DVL!!!!

Preston

ShellBack USNRET
11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
First Megan thank you for getting the ramp build and this in no way reflects on all the hard work you put into the ramp project.

OK, I’ll be the first to sound off (bleep, bleep, and bleep). $220 to fish on a public lake doesn’t seem ethical or legal. I thought about it all day and it just doesn’t go down well. Yes, I don’t have to pay, and therefore keep my bottom at home. Trust me at $220 recession or no recession, charity or no charity I will not be among the first to launch on the Jewel in over 14 months. But I do pay California taxes, I pay my water bill on time and I served my country.

As a California resident I would like to launch my boat on my public lake on December 12, 2009 and pay a regular public fee to do so. If someone wants to put together a separate event that’s OK, but do not restrict my access because I didn’t buy-in to a highly inflated price. This is an insult during these tough times.

I am not a lawyer or politician but my quick response is “Something Smells Fishy”. Who’s looking out for the average Joe? Is DVL a public lake or private lake? Please don’t tell me this is a onetime event, because “come one, come all” bears a little weight in situations like this. If my favorite charity wants to hold a event at DVL what is the process and where can they get the application? And yes, it’s my right to question acts deemed unfair. It wouldn’t be the first time someone misused their power. If we allow one club, to control access and charge a ridiculous price to participate, what’s to stop the next request?

Right or Privilege the very first day DVL is ready to launch private boats it should be open to the public at a fair public fee and not to line private organization pockets. Charge a standard fee and donate portions of those fees to this organization. Public places should never be closed to the public in support of private organization making a profit. I do support charities but $220 per person stretches the imagination. Are they forcing me to make donations, and what about other organizations looking for help? How did the Bass club fit into the equation? For DVL to deny me access unless I pay these fees is questionable at the least.

Sidebar, Yes I know it’s my right to gripe to higher authorities and who says I won’t. It definitely would make good conversation or news for the right ear.

Summary: A lot of people waited a long time to return to DVL. The first launch day is special and it shouldn't cost $220 to apart of this event. THIS IS OUR LAKE AND THIS IS WRONG!

snag
11-20-2009, 08:33 AM
First Megan thank you for getting the ramp build and this in no way reflects on all the hard work you put into the ramp project.

OK, I’ll be the first to sound off (bleep, bleep, and bleep). $220 to fish on a public lake doesn’t seem ethical or legal. I thought about it all day and it just doesn’t go down well. Yes, I don’t have to pay, and therefore keep my bottom at home. Trust me at $220 recession or no recession, charity or no charity I will not be among the first to launch on the Jewel in over 14 months. But I do pay California taxes, I pay my water bill on time and I served my country.

As a California resident I would like to launch my boat on my public lake on December 12, 2009 and pay a regular public fee to do so. If someone wants to put together a separate event that’s OK, but do not restrict my access because I didn’t buy-in to a highly inflated price. This is an insult during these tough times.

I am not a lawyer or politician but my quick response is “Something Smells Fishy”. Who’s looking out for the average Joe? Is DVL a public lake or private lake? Please don’t tell me this is a onetime event, because “come one, come all” bears a little weight in situations like this. If my favorite charity wants to hold a event at DVL what is the process and where can they get the application? And yes, it’s my right to question acts deemed unfair. It wouldn’t be the first time someone misused their power. If we allow one club, to control access and charge a ridiculous price to participate, what’s to stop the next request?

Right or Privilege the very first day DVL is ready to launch private boats it should be open to the public at a fair public fee and not to line private organization pockets. Charge a standard fee and donate portions of those fees to this organization. Public places should never be closed to the public in support of private organization making a profit. I do support charities but $220 per person stretches the imagination. Are they forcing me to make donations, and what about other organizations looking for help? How did the Bass club fit into the equation? For DVL to deny me access unless I pay these fees is questionable at the least.

Sidebar, Yes I know it’s my right to gripe to higher authorities and who says I won’t. It definitely would make good conversation or news for the right ear.

Summary: A lot of people waited a long time to return to DVL. The first launch day is special and it shouldn't cost $220 to apart of this event. THIS IS OUR LAKE AND THIS IS WRONG!

You may want to re-read the requirements.

If you pay $220.00 you are eligible to win something associated with the ‘Bass’ portion of the event.
If you pay $60.00, you are, eligible to win something associated with the ‘Trout’ portion of the event.

Nobody is going to tell you what species of fish you can and cannot fish.

$60.00 - You can still launch your boat; I cannot see where anyone here is trying to screw you out of money or what part of this event appears to be unethical.

You can fish for CATS, STIPERS, PAN FISH, AND EVEN SKUNKS TOO.

I might just go to watch the chaos at the ramp. The most enjoyable part of a days fishing can be just hanging around and watching the circus.

Tight lines all, and best of luck to those who fish this event

ShellBack USNRET
11-21-2009, 12:19 AM
How much do I have to pay if I only want to fish?

Nessie Hunter
11-21-2009, 08:12 AM

Looks like the rest of us poor folks have to wait till it opens to the public!

General public launching starts on Sunday, December 20th.

The Special Charity Event is on Sat Dec 12th....

:Sad:

ShellBack USNRET
11-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Hence my concerns, the rest of us poor folks shouldn't have to feel separated from this event (First Launch Day in over 14 Months). History has taught us well about separations. The first day DVL re-opens is December 12, 2009, but it is a private event.

Think about those who during these struggling times are either without work or tighten up the budget. Some will even participate in this event when the extra funds could be used elsewhere.

Think about the under 15 years old kid scraping up $20 just to be a part of this event. I even debated about going to the bank. If you think I’m crying you should hear my wife’s complaint. The difference from standard launch fee of $12 and this Charity event entry is still considered "highly inflated", whether its $60 or $220.

I know those connected with this event will say what they will. I am no naysayer, but the way MWD and DVL has handled DVL (and this is a prime example), gets my blood to boiling and bring questions about how they best support the customers.

This Charity event crosses a fine line. Allowing a private organization to control launching in a public lake is wrong. Deny someone public launching and someone could take it to court. DVL IS A PUBLIC LAKE and SOME OF OUR TAXES HELPS TO OPERATE THIS LAKE AND TEMPORARILY FUND THE RAMP.

Sell raffle tickets……

P.S. If someone else with similar questions about this practice, have email addresses to the decision makers, or sponsors I would be glad to forward my complaint.

Peestick
11-24-2009, 07:01 PM

You have to pay 8 days of patience. I am willing to pay the 60.00 just so I can beat the crowds a bit, kind of wish the price was higher so more people would stay home.

bruce watson
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
You have to pay 8 days of patience. I am willing to pay the 60.00 just so I can beat the crowds a bit, kind of wish the price was higher so more people would stay home.

Mike, you must have sold one of your guns to get that type of money. It would be a nice thought for you to take and pay for one of our senior citizens on a fixed income. Nessie, load up new line on the reels, I'm sure peestick has your phone number.

Nessie Hunter
11-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Mike, you must have sold one of your guns to get that type of money. It would be a nice thought for you to take and pay for one of our senior citizens on a fixed income. Nessie, load up new line on the reels, I'm sure peestick has your phone number.

:ROFL::ROFL:

Mike is such a sweetheart.. Ill have to sit with him at church this Sunday...

:ROFL: