PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Closing Weekend

gman444
11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
My friend John (jigfish), his dad, and I had been planning a late season trip to Bishop for quite a while and with the season closing we decided to drive up last friday. We got there around 6 am and ate an amazing breakfast at jacks. We got to PVR at around 7 and tried the mouth of the river for several small fish on mini jigs. We made a short move when the sun came out and turned off the bite. This new spot was slow-steady on bait and we hooked one fish on the rapala but it shook the hook. When the bite died we decided to drive up the mountain and try the lakes up there. Intake 2 was half frozen and we saw one fish with parasites on its whole body. No body had caught any all day. We drove up the snowcoverd road to North Lake which was completely frozen. John and I both fell through the ice trying to reach the only open spot on the whole lake. :Sad: We went back to town with 0 fish caught. John and I woke up early the next morning and got to PVR right at sunrise. We fished the boatramp for a pretty quick limit including one brown, most fish were on the jigs but some ate bait

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv17/gman444/055.jpg

In the afternoon we tried the dam side for pretty good fishing on rapalas. We were sightfishing them off of a huge rock and it was awesome seeing them eat it. I caught quite a lot of fish on a Lucky Craft Pointer Sp65. It has a sick action when you aggressively jig it. Overall it was a great trip, not wide open but very good fishing and a fun way to wrap up the season

Thanks for reading,

Greg

Trout 1
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Good job out there I bet it was cold. Did you catch any alpers? thats a good looking brown!

Trout 1

gman444
11-17-2009, 07:01 PM
It was freezing in the mornings!! If we stopped working our minijigs for more than 10 or 15 seconds we would have ice on our line and guides!! No alpers this time, just that brown and the normal stockers

jig fish
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
That was a really fun trip hopefully we can fish PVR and the lower Owens again over winter break.

BTW big thanks to Jackpot Jimmy for letting us borrow his calcutta 50 that thing is sick. :Cool:

SurfSpot
11-20-2009, 09:49 AM
nice fish great place to fish. Lucky craft pointers 65dd are a great choice for pvr, I usually use the shad pattern. Last March I got about 10 two of them were pretty nice 6lb and 4lb and i only fished for about 4 hrs. Im a big fan of lucky crafts stick to them, they can get the bigger ones. Nice fishing

billy b
11-20-2009, 02:17 PM
How do they cast? ... from shore?

And how do you rig them up?