PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon session at Irvine Lake 11/16/09

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Got up this morning and thought about going fishing. Got a call from a friend and was talking about going fishing and next thing you know I was running out the door with my fishing rods and heading to the lake .

Picked my fishing buddy up and we headed to the lake . Got there at 11:15 Am paid our fees and went out to trout island to take a gander. It was not overly crowded and I saw a old friend Jimmy . ( Omar and Aaron will remember Jimmy . :LOL: ) I looked around and asked Jimmy how the bite was . He said " No big fish, only small ones. " So I thought I would go to another spot of mine ( Marley secret spot # 65 . :LOL::Wink: ) I always buy nightcrawlers just incase. I did not need them today as I only fished the "Timster Special " I am getting really good at fishing the " Timster Special. " Last year, I was just getting it down and having some confidence in the set up . This year I am killing it. Thanks Tim for all the tips and prep talks and keeping on me to use the set up . It works.

So my fishing buddy and I set up and I know its late in the day and not expecting much. I just wanted to get out of the house and relax. Before you know it I was hooked up onto a small trout (1.4lbs) . Skunk off. Nice. I get hit a half hour later and another small trout. ( 1.4 lbs ) At this late in the day I figured I was doing good with these two trout.

At this point my buddy has the skunk and wants in on the " timster Special " I tell him to grab whatever he wanted out of my tackle bag. Soon after he hooked up on to a small trout.

I decide to change colors and that was the right choice for me. I casted out and I must of hit the trout on the head because it got hit right away. I could tell this was a tad bit larger trout and it was . A 2.0 lbs for me. I then watch my buddy hook up on another trout and it was a a tad bit bigger that his first trout.. 1.12 Sweet I am thinking. I sat and waited for a while and the largest trout I landed of the day hit my bait . It nailed it and was taking out line and the rod was bent nice. I set the hook and could tell this was a nice trout. I got it in and it was a 2.8 trout. I was stoked. My buddy got one more trout and then it was time to pack it in.

All and all it was a fun afternoon fishing at the lake . You don't always have to get up at O dark thirty to go fishing . :Wink:

Thanks for reading .

2quikmotorwerks
11-16-2009, 07:38 PM
well how did you do?

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
well how did you do?

:ROFL: Omar, I do my report in sections. You just did not wait long enough for me to finish .:LOL::Wink:

sansou
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
No pics = never happened.

In your case, we'll make an exception...

Nice job getting out during the workweek....no crowds.

PONTOON
11-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Patrick, It's good to hear you're back out at the Vine doing some fishing.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

I'm looking forward to reading some more reports from you this trout season and Good Luck out there!

Poxy Boggards
11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice Patrick!

That would have been a masters fish on Sunday. Glad you got onto some fish.

Wes
Poxy Boggards

saintarv
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Good job. Must be nice to fish during the week. :LOL:

kewlwhip
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Tri-tip 65555555555555555555555555! :Lol: way to slay Patrick, glad you had a good time at the Vine- i smell bbq soon at tha vine! :Wink: cya- kewllly ps pops says hello!

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 08:14 PM
No pics = never happened.

In your case, we'll make an exception...

Nice job getting out during the workweek....no crowds.

:ROFL:Thats funny Rich. During the week there is never the crowds like on the weekends. Thanks for reading Rich:Big Grin:

PONTOON, Thanks for reading . Hope to see you out at the lake this trout season.

Wes, I should of showed up on Sunday and fished. I think I am going to pass on the Masters this year. Thanks for reading Bro.

Saint, thanks for reading Bro. And Yes, It was a fine day to be out trout fishing.

Kewly , Hey Bro, thanks for reading. BBQ soon. Get your Pops out there soon. Nice weather & trout.

Mondo21
11-16-2009, 08:16 PM
An tis ep tion... Part 1 very good Patrick. Bring on the rest. :Big Smile:Cindy

troutdog
11-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice job out there TM65, glad to hear you are "FINALLY" getting dailed in on the trout buddy! :Wink:

See you next weekend....

TD

Troutman65
11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for reading Cindy & Aaron.

If anyone gets the chance to attend a Timster trout fishing class, DO It !!

fishincrave
11-18-2009, 09:35 PM
WTG patrick nice job man the irvine guru is back :Big Grin:

see ya saturday .

Sean

Troutman65
11-18-2009, 09:39 PM
WTG patrick nice job man the irvine guru is back :Big Grin:

see ya saturday .

Sean

Hey Sean, Irvine Lake Guru :LOL: Too funny.

Thanks for reading .

2jackedLUNGS
11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
thanks for the report, im itching to go back. hopefully this sunday.

Troutman65
11-18-2009, 11:25 PM
thanks for the report, im itching to go back. hopefully this sunday.

Thanks for reading . Good luck to you out there.

Mondo21
11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for reading Cindy & Aaron.

If anyone gets the chance to attend a Timster trout fishing class, DO It !!

I remember last Trout season when I had 3 "Masters" teaching me... Timster, Mitz,and Dr. Hook! These Guys are THE BEST of the BEST!!! I hope this Trout Season I can get that kind of V.I.P. ROYAL TREATMENT again!!! Cindy:Big Smile:
P.S. I really can use some filleting skills...calling on Dr. Hook!