PDA

View Full Version : Mockingbird Reservoir

Jered
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Does anybody know if Mockingbird Reservoir in Riverside is open to fishing? Thanks.

castle
11-20-2009, 04:56 PM
It may be dry now. It got water from the Gage canal and that is dry now that I know of.

Jered
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Its got water, and looks good. Just don't know if its private, or polluted, or...
Thanks for any info.

Jered
11-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Nobody fishes this place?

PHISHnutS
11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
It's private, no tresspassing, no fishing allowed.

I'm sure there are some fish in there, is it worth sneaking in, probably not.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
where is mockin bird?

castle
11-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Its on Van Buren Blvd. in Riverside as You drive east toward Moreno Valley. Amongst the orange groves.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Its on Van Buren Blvd. in Riverside as You drive east toward Moreno Valley. Amongst the orange groves.

yes sir, me and the kid parked at the orange grove market and walked through the orange groves to get near it..we got as far as the water supply for the groves
(which is across the way) but got turned away by security..gave the guy a sob story about how me and the kid walked all the way there to see the water, so he let us check out the water for a few min..
it's beautiful down there and the houses that suround it probably fish that lake..i posted this up like 4months ago...it's ninjable but hellish on trying to find a a spot to park on van buren....I*E gold mine?DDbass?

castle
11-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Ive heard of people catching bullheads and carp out of there. But there may also be some bass also.Yes there is practicly no place to park because of that busy street.Used to see kids crossing the street there with fishing pole sometimes.

Jered
11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Cool, thanks guys.

Natural Lefty
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I tried checking out Mockingbird Canyon a couple of years ago, since I am a Riverside native who still lives in the area. What I found was a basin behind a dam, which was full of trees, and no water in sight. Perhaps there is a small lake there as some posters mention, but the trees obscure it from the road area. Also, I think it is off limits, aside from being difficult to reach. I also tried to check out the Gage Canal, since many canals have fish.

As Big Game Hunter stated, it winds up in a nice looking pond which is run by water district personnel, and they won't let people in. Farther upstream, you can walk along it, and look into the nice, clear, fishless water. :Confused:

tall tales
11-28-2009, 07:45 AM
years ago my uncle who lives just down the road from ther told me it was full of crappie. checked it out a few times and only caught warmouths. probadly fished it 10 or 12 times and tried all sorts of stuff and thats all we ever caught. not say there is nothing else in there back then it was very fishy fallen trees, step drop offs. havent been there in years might have to call my uncle and see what he thinks.