PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Cove

Angler Dan
11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Is anyone fishing Sierra Cove this year?

Usually at the start of the season, as the water is being pumped in, that is the hot spot (at least for the past two years). Yet all I have seen is reports about fishing the West Shore, maybe Boat Dock Cove, or just trolling.

Am I missing a big change? My buddy and I will be camping/fishing all weekend and I am trying to plan out where we will be going.

Thanks.

dixoncider
11-16-2009, 06:20 PM
fished in there last thursday for nothing. saw a few bass fisherman back in there not sure how they did..

troutdog
11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
No water flowing into Sierra Cove at this point, kinda glad actually....last year it seemed to be the ONLY spot they were biting at.

TD

Big Daddy
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Angler Dan I have been out 3 times this season and have seen very few boats in there this year . I think the water is coming from below You can't see it rushing in like last year and I havn't heard of any fish caught there yet.
Good luck and keep us posted. Trolling has been great so far.

dixoncider
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I am going in the morning. will troll around in there and see. Fished the mini jig last week in there for nothing also...

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
There is no water coming in to the lake from the pipe that is in Sierra Cove. The lake is still very full of water . The West Shore road is still under water .

Angler Dan
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. Don't want to waste my time heading over there for nothing. Now I just have to decide if I bait-and-wait like normal or give trolling a try for the first time.

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. Don't want to waste my time heading over there for nothing. Now I just have to decide if I bait-and-wait like normal or give trolling a try for the first time.

If your going to bait & wait go to the West Shore.

If your going to troll you should do great. I saw a guy today just nailing them on the troll. Sc shiner is the hot ticket. Mix it up . You should do good.