PDA

View Full Version : vine questions

E.A.R.G.
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Thinking about hitting the vine for the first time this season tamarraw. anybody goin?
anybody know how the road conditions are to the west shore?

i know during trout season they're open 7 days a week... their website still says they're closed Tuesdays. Gotta worry bout that?

thanks all

EARG

Freshness21
11-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Last I heard it was under water and you had to hike from the upper campground. I believe that's the case

troutdog
11-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Open 7 days a week during trout season....West Shore road is under water, good luck out there!

TD

Big Daddy
11-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Trout Island is accesable and on fire but west shore has been great fishing if you have the leggs to get there. Good Luck.

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Open 7 days a week during trout season....West Shore road is under water, good luck out there!

TD

Ditto.

I was there today and If I were you try to get on the West shore either by hiking or by boat :Wink:.

2jackedLUNGS
11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
i would say that west shore would be worth the hike. the bites been really good there for everyone.

Angler Dan
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
If in a boat, is it better to get there and beach it to fish from shore, or anchor off shore and cast in. I know there is usually a bouy line, but wondering which is more effective.

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
If in a boat, is it better to get there and beach it to fish from shore, or anchor off shore and cast in. I know there is usually a bouy line, but wondering which is more effective.

For me personally I perfer shore fishing. I would get a boat and beach it at the spot I wanted to fish at . Good luck

2jackedLUNGS
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
i agree, thats what we did opening weekend. got a boat beached it at west shore and fished for our first limit there. then when the bite slowed down in the afternoon set up for the troll and got our second limit. perfect day.