PDA

View Full Version : Sarl Sunday 11-15 with Jeff and Mike -off-then Onnn!

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I was commisiononed to lend a hand to my 2 fishin’ buddies Jeff and Scott.

Started off REAL slow…REAL slow…

A few fish breaking the top but couldn’t get on ‘em…for whatever reason ?

Stitched a crawler….hookup…

A nice 2- 2 ½ lb trout….
BUT that sucka was a WEAK fighter…..I was BORED….!

Even though this was my skunk shakin’ fish and a real fine quality fish ta boot, I held it there 3’ from the boat and “waited”…for him ta get a second wind…

WEAK !

Landed ‘em anyway…

Another 20-30 minutes of working a Kastmaster and a mini jig altering my attack every 5 minutes…

Hookup ! about a 2lb trout hits the net and had hit my mini jig !

Slow, very little activity….Jeff and Mike were without a bite and more importantly “without any feesh !”

Tried a different zone….NADA !

Trolled the entire lake…..NADA !

Still fished a few spots…..Nada!

Water Clarity was poor and I am sure it had affected the bite….

Hard ta stay anchored too with those weak anchors and EXTREME wind gusts !
The wind was BAD ! EARLY Too !

Went and started the whole cycle again, repeating what we did to start…

Hookup !...stitchin’ a crawler…….

Largemouth Bass….
Fat sucka’…small football ! (nice size for a pay lake)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARLw-jeff-mike11-15-2009bass1.jpg

This is what happen’s when my feva’ starts and the midicloreans in my blood begin to diffuse !
Just a lil’ kiss…..
And back ta the water we go……
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARLw-jeff-mike11-15-2009bass2.jpg
Mike nailed a real nice “quality” Crappie on a power worm….
(sorry no single pic-check the end pics)

We worked:
Wide array of lures……..wide array of baits…wide array of methods
The better part of the day passes…

My presence had been solicited in hopes that Jeff was going to get a double digit trout or at least his personal best (previously 2lbs or so)..

Man…I was tryin’…..but it WAS ROUGH OUT THERE !

Finally, I get another hookup on a powermouse…..

SLAMMED IT !...hard fighter too ! I think this was one of their “tailwalkers” they’ve been boasting about…

Nice solid 2 ½ lb fish…

I had shortened my leader Way up since the water clarity was poor…that helped…

Mike Finally now finally shakes the trout skunk with a solid 2 lb fish on Powerbait.

Also Mike managed a small bass on a crawler but it wasn’t gonna make the photo page..

STILL Pretty slow though.. (this is later in the afternoon now-most of the morning was fishless)

Then we all decided to stay in the area but move ever so slightly…

About 15’ – 20’ feet down….

3-5 minutes later
Hookup !......

I nail another 2 lbder or so…

I discuss (in detail) the top secret feelthesteel methods I used to incorporate the hookup…Jeff and Mike listened but I could sense just a “hint” of doubt that it might have been dumb luck….

As I lectured in more detail, I proceeded to cast again….

Hookup !

Another quality feesh….

I proceeded to hookup on 3 concecutive casts (my padiwans were believers at this point!)

NO DOUBT !

After a little more details….Jeff applies my methods…..

HOOKUP !
Jeff’s shakes his skunk…. (finally----whew !)

Not his personal best fish he was seeking but at least I got him off his skunk !
About 5 casts more…

Hoookup !

Jeffs on again….and this time…the feesh aint even showing color….

Zzzzzzz….Zzzzzzzzz!

And yet again…Zzzzzzzzzzz!

3 times he got it near the boat and we still didn’t see color….

I knew it was a bigger model and Jeff knew it now as he was getting worked good on light line….

To the net….his personal best is landed ! oh yeah….he shattered his personal best….

We were hoping for a double “D” but I explained that he’s probably gonna “have ta work up the ladder” but this was a real fine start…

We didn’t bother to weigh it but all the big fish we would proceed to catch were real nice fat toads…
I’d say we landed 4 between 4-6 lbs

Now….again…..Hookup……yet again….hookup…

I had another drag peeler….Jeff had another drag peeler….then Mike….we got on the pattern they wanted….we found the bite and the right time and the right presentation !…

it was Oooooon !

Wheeeeew……
my job was done, I would have felt bad if either of them had gotten skunked

Whewwww….glad things worked out for them : )

We ended up keeping 13 for the table..

A few were safely released…

Honestly, in looking at the photos now, we didn’t really get the perfect camera angle on the fish we photo’d, the photos in no way do the fish justice, they were real thick and girthy, the 4 I fillet’d and took home left me with a bag of fillet’s about a foot thick….real nice Pink meat too (yummy!).

To sum up, I’ll give my honest assessment, I don’t think the lake has truly begun putting many of the real big triploids in there yet…I think I only saw 2 other fish in the category of our largest models caught that day..

In fact, most people called it a day about 1pm as that bite was almost non existent till later in the afternoon..

I’d speculate that heavy triploid stockings won’t occur for another few weeks but who’s ta say for sure.

Jeff couldn’t stop talkin’ about the action the whole ride home..

It was nice to see my fellow Conrad experience his personal best trout and learn about the in’s N’ out’s of targeting them beasties !

Most fish were caught using PB or powermouse with a little touch that we’ll just keep between me and my crew..

1 trout on a mini jig

1 trout and 2 bass on crawlers

1 crappie on a power worm

Gary
P.S.
We didn’t photograph too many of the fish as we were tired out, we just took pics of a couple..and got the heck outa’ there quickly..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARLw-jeff-mike11-15-20091.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARLw-jeff-mike11-15-2009jeffandmik.jpg

breeze71
11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Ahh the power of soliciting...it can break a man to his knees and fish for bait!!!

Haha....nice job guys.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Ahh the power of soliciting...it can break a man to his knees and fish for bait!!!

Haha....nice job guys.

Ahhhh Hiro, don't make me mention some of the things you've done to go feeshing !

Ha ha ha ha ha.....aha !

breeze71
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Ahhhh Hiro, don't make me mention some of the things you've done to go feeshing !

Ha ha ha ha ha.....aha !

Throw it back out baby...throw it back out! :LOL:

Bradakas
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
LOL from the looks of the 1st two pictures it looks like your litterally on the bubble hole.

Daryl
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Nice report Gary. Thanks for sharing.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-16-2009, 03:23 PM
LOL from the looks of the 1st two pictures it looks like your litterally on the bubble hole.
I fished that entire lake that day...including 6 feet from the boat dock....

Poxy Boggards
11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I fished that entire lake that day...including 6 feet from the boat dock....

Big fish don't count when they come out of the pens...LOL

J/K Gary!, nice job putting your buddies onto some quality fish.

What ended up being the winning combo?

cutbait
11-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Three hardcore fisherman right there. I still want to hook up with you guys in the A/V or here. Love the smoke hanging out of your mouth. Looks like a seasoned fisherman for sure. Reminds me of my Dad.

Lets hook up for some serious striper killing

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Big fish don't count when they come out of the pens...LOL

J/K Gary!, nice job putting your buddies onto some quality fish.

What ended up being the winning combo?
IF YOU USE A SMALL HOOK AND ARE GOOD AT CASTING, THOSE PENS CAN BE OFF THE HOOK !

J./k ha ha ha...

Powermouse was the best producer....

Sherbert PB with a pink Powerworm - cut 1/3 off worm

Make me proud...

kpn
11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Let those poor trout alone guys, go get stripers out of the AV....They are bigger :ROFL: J/K.
Great job out there buddies :Wink:.

KPN.

Poxy Boggards
11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
IF YOU USE A SMALL HOOK AND ARE GOOD AT CASTING, THOSE PENS CAN BE OFF THE HOOK !

J./k ha ha ha...

Powermouse was the best producer....

Sherbert PB with a pink Powerworm - cut 1/3 off worm

Make me proud...

Thanks for the info! Tight Lines!

crappiemike
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
nice bass and crappie.. cool report.

cm