PDA

View Full Version : Heading up to Mammoth this coming Wed.

Droo
07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
And im wondering whats working and how the fish have been at Twin Lakes/Mammoth Greek/ and some of the other lakes like Mary (I really love Twin Lakes just the site and the lake period not too big not too small. I have my great uncles row boat too. Usually all I fish there is Lip Ripperz.(Best jig for trout in the world imo, caught my first 5 pound Alper at upper twin) Like the sparkly yellow kind and orange and some castmasters and power worms. (first post besides introduction, will come back with a report)

greg
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the FN Message Boards.

I just returned from the Mammoth Lake Basin last week. It was HOT (weather wise). Everyday was in the upper 80's with 91 on the 4th. The evenings were in the 40's. Mammoth Creek was down to a trickle (what I usually see Labor Day weekend). The best bites on the lakes are before 9 am and after 5 pm. The Alpers are smaller this year but the same poundage has been planted (a better chance for everyone to catch an Alper). Monday and Tuesday had F&G plants in all the Mammoth Basin Lakes (11-12 inchers). I've changed my fishing over the years from my float tube and now only jig for trout using power worms, lip ripperz and trout teasers (and occasionally jig crawlers).

Good luck !!!