PDA

View Full Version : Sunday November 15

mackattack8701
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Went to the Vine today with my friend in hopes of a lot of trout. Got to the lake around 5 20 am and we were in the second line. While rigging up in the parking lot, I met johnsfishing and is dad. We talked for a little and what tactics we were going to use for the day and the consensus was troll troll troll. So we get in to the gate at 6 10 am and make our way to the launch ramp. Started trolling and with in ten minutes my friend gets the first trout ( about a pound) on the Fire Tiger Rapala along the West shore. We troll all the way to the dam and not even a bump. Turn the boat around and work our way to the ramp area. About half way down, we get another trout. Troll Troll some more and then I finally get my first trout of the day about 2 pounds on the countdown FT Rapala. So then we start trolling again and 40 seconds later I get another. So it is 7 45 am and we have four fish in the boat. We just keep the routine up and pick up two on the next pass around 8 30 am. Then the bite dies for about two hours. So around 10 30 we pick up one more. So we troll some more and around 12 30 we get a double hook up so that makes nine, we need one more. We make our final pass of the day and get number ten, Limits for both! We worked hard on the troll with countless hits, but no hookups and fish throwing the hook ( 2 at the boat and one that jumped). It was a great day at the Vine. Pics to come if I can get them to load.

Big Daddy
11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
nice report glad you got on the fish and had fun

2jackedLUNGS
11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Nice report I cant wait to get back out there.