PDA

View Full Version : How Was The Tourny Saturday?

Poxy Boggards
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
How was the tourny on Saturday? How was the intrance line up situation? What were the top weights? Any info is appreciated!

Tight Lines!

PB

bruce watson
11-14-2009, 07:35 PM
You would have thought that by now somebody would have posted something. Do I want to go tomorrow or not. It might have been a big skunk day and not worth the $42.00 on Sunday.

BRING IT
11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
get your butts out there. the bite was great. i belive top fish was 11lbs,10lbs 5lbs & a bunch of 2lbers. to round out the top 10. had a 2.2 i didnt weight in ,good for 7th place(dam). watch out for windy conditions sun. all n all had a great day. gl scott

bruce watson
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Great info. I put on the downrigger today so I can troll a little deeper tomorrow.

Poxy Boggards
11-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info Scott!

Wes
PB

Sue
11-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Biggerst fish was 13 something lbs. Aaron came in tenth at 2lbs.
Crowd is light.

I'm heading out tomorrow.

2quikmotorwerks
11-15-2009, 02:41 AM
Biggest fish was a 13.8 however the guy was not in the tourney, first place fish went 12.8 second place was 10 something if I'm not mistaken all the other places were in the 2 pound range. A good amount of nice fish came out yesterday however those peeps weren't in the tourny niether. You could see the big boys swimming the shore all day. Today should be off the hook as the fish should really be acclimated

COME OUT AND FISH oh and by the way its not windy at all at least it isn't right now

2quikmotorwerks
11-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Correction first place fish was a 12.4 not a 12.8 my bad.

MAVERICK27
11-15-2009, 10:14 AM
It was a great day out there. The bait bite was a bit slow, but the troll was ON!! No need to go deep. 6lb line will do ...all day long. Everyone that trolled straight mono was hooking up all day. Have fun!!!

aoessand
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
it was F'n horrible only caught 3 SMALL trout between 3 of us, total money wasted over 200 bucks by the time you add in food/camping/gas/beer/fishing fees, not to mention we got harassed by the ***** ******** ranger, we camped and went down to our spot at about 5:50am so we didnt have to argue with people THE MAIN REASON WE CAMP, apparently the other fishers saw our head lamps and thought we was fishing, **** you all too we paid extra to pick our spot! SO we are getting set and poles are in holders but NOT OUT and dickface comes speeding toward shore rides it onto shore and begins to threaten us with getting kicked out because we where setting up early NOT FISHING EARLY. sayn how if we was in the tourney we was disqualified im like we didnt even ***** know about a tourney all we wanted to do was get to the spot and "claim" it like we always had before without problems. needless to say i will never ever go to irvine again this lake has really went down hill, what happened to the cool ranger guy, kinda heavy set dude? by the way we fished with about every different power bait you could buy and still only 3 small dink trouts. the guys next to us did better with nightcrawlers but they was still small *** trout
END RANT

Prowler_Tuber
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Thats cool Im still going they run a great place out there. Instead of ranting maybe you should look at your rig cause from what I saw everyone caught a lot fish. Not cool bro, there are more professional ways to handle your self instead of calling people names on a site where kids have access too.

aoessand
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
2# line 18# hook same thing i always use for trout they just wasnt at the spot we was at, and i didnt say nobody caught fish i said they was all small that i personally saw and by small i mean fish i could catch at a normal city lake... and i geuss your gonna say he was just doing his job huh? well if he was then he would have knew we camped and not spoke to us like he was king **** **** him and **** irvine lake im never going again and unless you like over spending and catching normal city park lake size fish i wouldnt go there either. we spoke to him calmly and respectfully and he treated us like we was scum that sneak in or we did something wrong when in reality we did nothing. as far as kids on here, please dude they hear/see alot worse everyday they go to school/watch tv

Poxy Boggards
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
We've all had rough days at the Vine.

Too bad about the security guard issue. We also had an issue with the new security today...Hopefully he get's better at figuring out when somone is trolling, and try not to run over there lines, cutting off expensive lures... He's new, and just learning the ropes. I'm willing to give him the bennifit of the doubt, makes me miss Patrick! Seems like everyone is always on edge on tournament days, especially those inforcing the rules.

I was there today, and managed a limit, but all of the fish were under two pounds and we had to work really hard for the fish that decided to bite. We metered many large fish, but they just would not cooperate.

I have better luck fishing the Vine on weekdays, much smaller crowds, and you don't have to worry about getting there the day before to get a good shore spot.

Thanks again everyone for the responses.

Rooster
11-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Wes and Mav i cant believe you 2 couldnt land a trout over 2lbs.. Mav your losing your touch bro :EyePop: Wes your killing me... Great chance to qualify... I gotta ask were ya trolling those almunim can rigs? Any luck on those new patterns Wes?

sansou
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Thats cool Im still going they run a great place out there. Instead of ranting maybe you should look at your rig cause from what I saw everyone caught a lot fish. Not cool bro, there are more professional ways to handle your self instead of calling people names on a site where kids have access too.

X 2.

I've personally met "Joe", the new ranger, and as far as I can tell, he's handles things fairly and professionally.

2quikmotorwerks
11-16-2009, 02:12 AM
2# line 18# hook same thing i always use for trout they just wasnt at the spot we was at, and i didnt say nobody caught fish i said they was all small that i personally saw and by small i mean fish i could catch at a normal city lake... and i geuss your gonna say he was just doing his job huh? well if he was then he would have knew we camped and not spoke to us like he was king **** **** him and **** irvine lake im never going again and unless you like over spending and catching normal city park lake size fish i wouldnt go there either. we spoke to him calmly and respectfully and he treated us like we was scum that sneak in or we did something wrong when in reality we did nothing. as far as kids on here, please dude they hear/see alot worse everyday they go to school/watch tvwell actually you guys did do something wrong your not supposed to be on the lake before the first car comes in the gate just because you camp doesnt give you the right to hike down to the west shore, now just because youve done it before doesnt mean anything you just happend not to have got caught, i know for a fact that if patrick had seen that he'd be all over you guys also.

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 09:16 AM
The new guy seems like a nice guy . Give him a chance. He is just doing his job like I would of done as 2 Quck pointed out.

Poxy Boggards
11-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Wes and Mav i cant believe you 2 couldnt land a trout over 2lbs.. Mav your losing your touch bro :EyePop: Wes your killing me... Great chance to qualify... I gotta ask were ya trolling those almunim can rigs? Any luck on those new patterns Wes?

What's up Rob? It was really tough out there on Sunday. The fish went into Lock Jaw. We metered a bunch of nice sized fish, but just could not get them to bite. The new patterns have been working well. When those fish decide to go on the chew, it is going to be really good out at the Vine.

See Chris Fish
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM
My buddy and I were the other "subjects" down on the West Shore. We did camp and were hovering just above the shoreline. We did have our gear by the shoreline, but NO lines in the water. It was about 5:50. We waited till Joe started moving his patrol car to allow anglers to Trout Island, then cast in. Our clock stated 6:02!!! LOL!! He came over to us from the boat and inspected us, after the other guys. He checked to see if we had fish in the basket already, we didn't. I didn't feel that he was unprofessional or anything like that. He seemed to be doing his job. I had no problems with Joe. He asked his questions, liked the answers that we gave and went on his way, wishing us good luck.
Water temp was about 66 degrees. The bait was fairly consistent all day. Fish are really SMALL this year. So small that you don't even need a net to get them on shore! I saw lots of fish being caught, but no big ones. Trolling seems to be the ticket on Saturday. Hot baits were Rainbow PB, Orange power worm, Garlic PB, nightcrawlers, and jigs. One guy was nailing them on the jig!! My buddy was on fire in the morning, got 4. I got my only one at 12:40 and it wasn't even a pounder. So much for the early start!
I did score a 9' Shimano rod at the raffle, so I was stoked on that.
Great time fishing and can't wait till next weekend. Colder weather is on the way.

MAVERICK27
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Yo ROB!!!! I did very well on Saturday actually. I had over 5 come unbuttoned on the troll, but landed my 5 trolling. CRVZ came late and bagged one on bait. I also tossed lures by the boat dock with NOHO Art. He watched me hook up a big one on a small crank bait. The thing flew out of the water and spit the lure. The damn lure almost took my eye out coming back haha. Ask NOHO, it looked over 7 lbs. Oh well, had fun that day and tossin lures with NOHO....

Freshness21
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Good job to those who caught fish.

I pulled into the lot about 6:30 Saturday - one of the last cars to have to wait, picked up some crawlers at the bait shop and headed across the bridge. I didn't want to crowd anybody so I kept going down past trout island to the flats until I saw a decent opening. Ended up about half way down the flats. Not prime real estate by any means and next to some annoying *-holes blasting reggae music.

My greenhorn buddy kept getting hung up in those weeds/twigs losing my gear and even managed to lose the top half of one of my poles into the lake (funny, but unfortunate) so I spent most of the morning re-rigging and fixing things. Had ZERO bites until about 9am when I noticed something feeding on the top of the water. So I tossed a bobber on with a fake NC so it would stay up towards the top of the water and BAM finally a hit. Brought in an average 14 incher. Only hit of the day.

I felt terrible cuz my buddy still has never caught a fish and the only reason I took the one was because he was 10ft down the shore snagged up (AGAIN), I didn't want that fish tangling up my other line, and I thought we would at least catch ONE more! But the bite went cold the rest of the day. We had to take off at noon so he could make his nephew's bday party. Had NO luck on carolina rigs - don't now what I'm doing wrong there? Just a rough day, but many lessons learned: Show up early or get a boat on the water otherwise it may be a long day...

I may do a solo mission on Friday the 20th and bring my raft or tube if it is too crowded. If anybody wants to meet up, I'd be willing to chip in on some boat gas money if someone has a boat and room or at least a better shore spot to share with a couple cold ones. PM me

Rooster
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Yo ROB!!!! I did very well on Saturday actually. I had over 5 come unbuttoned on the troll, but landed my 5 trolling. CRVZ came late and bagged one on bait. I also tossed lures by the boat dock with NOHO Art. He watched me hook up a big one on a small crank bait. The thing flew out of the water and spit the lure. The damn lure almost took my eye out coming back haha. Ask NOHO, it looked over 7 lbs. Oh well, had fun that day and tossin lures with NOHO....
I was teasing ya Mav.. I heard about you hooking into something big. I would ask NOHO but have never met the guy yet. I have heard alot of good things about him though. This Saturday the Vine- MAV be there or im sinking your boat :Titanic:

troutdog
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM

Although he may not have landed a fish over 2.0 and farmed a big one in front of a crowd, he was able to consistently position his boat right over NoHoArt's and my trolling gear by the dam most of the day :ROFL::Wink:

TD

NoHo ART
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
well first was good nothing big but a steady bite on the troll.

the new guy seems cool td and i saw him pull some funny stuff on some other fisherman but he didn't bother me so his cool in my book :Wink:

Yo ROB!!!! I did very well on Saturday actually. I had over 5 come unbuttoned on the troll, but landed my 5 trolling. CRVZ came late and bagged one on bait. I also tossed lures by the boat dock with NOHO Art. He watched me hook up a big one on a small crank bait. The thing flew out of the water and spit the lure. The damn lure almost took my eye out coming back haha. Ask NOHO, it looked over 7 lbs. Oh well, had fun that day and tossin lures with NOHO.... hey mav was nice fishing with you for the last hour.. but hey i dont know anything about a 7lb fish was more like a 7oz fish :ROFL: jk yeah that thing was around 6 -7 lbs i vouch for that one.

I was teasing ya Mav.. I heard about you hooking into something big. I would ask NOHO but have never met the guy yet. I have heard alot of good things about him though. This Saturday the Vine- MAV be there or im sinking your boat :Titanic:

yes rob we have never met buy you gave me some very good advice when i was buying my first boat.. i'll make sure we meet this saturday...
as far as mavericks fish gos i don't really know if he hooked the fish cuz all i saw was the fish jumping out of the water and trowing the lure back at mav and if i recall correctly i head the fish yelling: i'll eat it if you eat it first! :ROFL:

Troutman65
11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I was fishing at the lake today . From what I understand is the lake hired another guy and he was the one on the boat this weekend. ( Not the guy in the car, Jose. )

2quikmotorwerks
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM

the new guy seems cool td and i saw him pull some funny stuff on some other fisherman but he didn't bother me so his cool in my book :Wink:

hey mav was nice fishing with you for the last hour.. but hey i dont know anything about a 7lb fish was more like a 7oz fish :ROFL: jk yeah that thing was around 6 -7 lbs i vouch for that one.

yes rob we have never met buy you gave me some very good advice when i was buying my first boat.. i'll make sure we meet this saturday...
as far as mavericks fish gos i don't really know if he hooked the fish cuz all i saw was the fish jumping out of the water and trowing the lure back at mav and if i recall correctly i head the fish yelling: i'll eat it if you eat it first! :ROFL:lmfao:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Big Daddy
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
2 quik how did you do on saturday I hope you tore them up.

Big Daddy
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

hey mav was nice fishing with you for the last hour.. but hey i dont know anything about a 7lb fish was more like a 7oz fish :ROFL: jk yeah that thing was around 6 -7 lbs i vouch for that one.

as far as mavericks fish gos i don't really know if he hooked the fish cuz all i saw was the fish jumping out of the water and trowing the lure back at mav and if i recall correctly i head the fish yelling: i'll eat it if you eat it first! :ROFL:

If you fished, How did you do on sunday

NoHo ART
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
i did ok i trolled for a few hours in the morning got 4 on the troll nothing big then i just beached the boat at the west shore and kicked back with the rest of the crew and took a few power naps lol :Envious: got 1 more fish while on west shore and that was it.

troutdog
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM

NoHoArt got leid by the dam :ROFL:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/VetTouney09attheVine009.jpg

TD