PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please!!

Nitro
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Just got back from Perris today and I got skunked. I was mostly in sailboat cove and around the dam searching for baitballs, well I found lots of bait balls but I did not see any largemouth on the sonar. So I thought maybe they are there but I just could not identify them. I threw spoons, deep diving cranks, and ikas without a single bite. It was windy and cold. The water temp was between 65-66 degrees. My boat kept drifting all over the place which I really didn't mind because I kept seeing baitballs on the sonar. Can anyone please give me some advice on how to be more effective when fishing in these types of conditions.

Socal Bassman
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM
What depths were you fishing. Given the conditions for today, I would've fished deeper (25ft+) and slower. There is a dropoff in Sail Cove, so I would start there using a Carolina rig. The face of the dam might be something worth trying early in the morning, but I wouldn't spend too much time fishing it under the conditions. The tire reef and deeper water on the west and south side of the island is also worth trying.

Nitro
11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the reply Socal Bassman, I greatly appreciate it!! I was fishing anywhere from 20'-65' of water. What do you mean by the face of the dam and where is the tire reef?

jmp_fishinn
11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
hmm.

the dam area around this time MIGHT be good around this time of year.
fished the dam last friday catching only 1 bass. Its been slow the pass week or so. But most of my luck would be around lots 11 and 12 for all to LMB on a Drop Shot. oh and all of this is from Shore, but hope this helps! ha.

Good Luck!

Nitro
11-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the advice jmp fishinn.

Jimbo1963
11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I was fishing their on thursday, had good luck trolling the dam with jointed rapalas(brown &rainbow trout color) largest was a bit over 5 pounds, my last 2 trips have had good results trolling other rapalas...funny thing is I do not see much on the fishfinder though...

Nitro
11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the reply Jimbo1963!! What depth were you trolling at? Not seeing any bass on the fishfinder was my problem as well, though I did see lots of bait balls.

Jimbo1963
11-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Was trolling from 8 to 12 feet, had my best luck in this range.