PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 11/13/09

The Angler
11-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Will Be heading out to corona tonight for the Sierra Bows opener. Just Seen the Stocking video & outta all them fish I didnt see 1 20+ pounder or anything being close to that being stocked like they claim. Other than that im still going to go and have a good time & see if I get one of these bows. Ill be updating every few hours or so tomarrow:Twisted:

samgann93
11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
cool. good luck out there. try fishing a z-spoon. those stockers like em. i dont know about the 20+... i know some big ones will be going in though...

calico killer kevin
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Chances are that any 20+ would have been in a different shipment. There's no way a fat 20'er is gonna slide down that chute. I am pretty sure that the DD shipment will be only DD.

samgann93
11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Chances are that any 20+ would have been in a different shipment. There's no way a fat 20'er is gonna slide down that chute. I am pretty sure that the DD shipment will be only DD.

also what i was thinking.... next thursday could have multiple DD's

=0

Juventino
11-13-2009, 08:28 AM
haha yeah i was looking fo em on the video but non, guess they are using the Gerorge W facts plan book :ROFL:

The Angler
11-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Well I wasn't able to give a live report and I'm on my way home right now all I gotta say is it was 1 hell of a day. I'll post pic & details when I gt home typing on an iPhone while in a bumpy back seat
Ain't easy

driven2fish
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
wondering? is there any possibility of holdover trout in Corona Lake?

i know it gets hot out there during the summer. any possibility of a few sneaky trout goin' deep down and making it through those hot months?

The Angler
11-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Ok here we go, Passed out when I got home I was pretty tired.

We got to the lake around 6:30 my cousins grandpa ended up giving his old silver bullet to him so we had a little tin can boat to fish, After about 30 mins of trying to launch at start the damn thing we realized it wasnt going to hold the 4 of us. So My cuzin 7 I stayed on shore while his dad and cousin ventured off on the boat. So we set up camp and tossed out my powerbait setup and grabbed my bass setup for a little bass'n. Within 5 mins i hook up on a little dinky bass my first at Corona lake paused for a quick Photo and let the little guy go to fight another day. I fix my senko back into place and cast out and wham! Another hook-up BUT he was also a little guy nothing special took a quick pick and let him go.

After chillin on the shore for bout an hour my cousins pops had to go so we jumped on the boat. It started off really slow for us until about 11:00a.m.
I told my cousin take us to the tree line, we drop anchor I cast out the powerbait setup and wham hook up while my cousins getting the net his pole goes bendo good thing we had a 3rd guy to handle the net dutys lol. We rig up the powerbait and wham this time all three of our pole going bendowe get them in the boat and re rig, Some nice guy paddeling around in a float tube kindly lets us know of a submerged log by us so we take caution and then we see him hook up he yells its a big one he get it to his tube grabs him and he lifts his fish, It had to have been at least 7-8 pounds easily. He then tell us he see's alot of big ones were we were at. I then notice him using power worms or lip ripperz some sort of trout worms. i dig in my tackle box and get the next best thing I had which was a Thomas Bouyant spoon the Silver one with spots to be exact.

I cast it out and instantly hook up & I know this is a big one and after last week of losing my first DD I take caution when fighting him. I get him near the boat and was very happy with the fish a nice big fatty my biggest trout I have ever caught at the scale he weighed in a 6 pounds but he scale didnt do him justice lol. After that big one it pretty much went WFO everyone poles were going off and our newly meet friend in the tube was slaying the biggins 1 after another He kept pulling in huge trout he didnt have room in his live stock thing on his tube so my cousins gave him a stringer to use.

At the end of the day we all pretty much got our limits my cousin caught 5 I caught 4 + the 2 dinky bass & his cousin caught 4 the pictures didnt come out but I took some of my bass on my iphone & I took a pic of the big one when I got home The group shot should be on the Corona lake webcam thing. i asked if anyone came in with huge fish and they mentioned the guy on the float tube his pic is on the site as well He ended up catching Like 5 trout all over 6 pounds. I think He might fish for Phenix rods or something cuz he had a Phenix jacket, Phenix hat, Phenix Shirt, And phenix rods lol

It was a very fun day It gets really chaotic on a little boat with 3 people all jumping around cuz there rods are all going off like every 15-20 mins. Plus I lost all my favorite & go to lures on that damn submerged log the guy mentioned. Oh well I can always get more right.

Another very fun day with family out at corona lake

Still looking for those 20+ pounders though:Wink: