PDA

View Full Version : Back in town and back at it Monster Swimbait Bass!

ToadsToadsOnly
11-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Swimbait Season Got to Love It,

Got back in town from Louisiana trying to transition back from fishing 100lb monster gar back to largemouth. So they stocked the local lake I decieded to take all the dust off my big baits and try to get my first swimbait fish for the season. Saw some trout getting pushed off some tule's took a short walk down the bank casted my Huddleson ROF 5 trout pattern let it sink slow crank about half way in WHAMMO!!! Game on and Game over! Worked the bank a bit longer got whacked again but unfortunately I did not have my trap hook rigged. I was super stoked this my first day putting in work with the swimbait and it payed off.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/299756593285_0_0-1.jpg

Go big or go home

Toadstoadsonly

Go get em guys

old pudd fisher
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishntime
11-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Killer report! Swimbait season is defintely here.

Team Santana
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Thats a definate TOADY!!!
Keep up the good work on the beast!

TShaffer
11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
How much do you think it weighed? Beast.

The Angler
11-12-2009, 10:13 PM
DDDDAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNNThis **** makes me wanna drop the senko rigs and get me a swimmy set up:Shocked:

2jackedLUNGS
11-12-2009, 10:35 PM
That thing is a beast!

Liteliner
11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Nice pig on the swimmie. It doesnt get any better than that. Im goin hunting in the morning for a few hours myself. :Cool:

marc626
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm lovin this! Really, how much do you think it weighed? Was it a long fight? Great Job out there! Can't wait to get one of those myself.

ToadsToadsOnly
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM
How much do you think it weighed? Beast.

DDDDAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNNThis **** makes me wanna drop the senko rigs and get me a swimmy set up:Shocked:

You should try it out best bet is try to get out to the local lakes withing 2-3 days of the trout stock. Leave your other gear at home and just bring big baits this way you are forced to used your big baits the whole time. You might not catch as many fish but once you get that first hookup you will be hooked for life.

Nice pig on the swimmie. It doesnt get any better than that. Im goin hunting in the morning for a few hours myself. :Cool:

Good luck out there.

I'm lovin this! Really, how much do you think it weighed? Was it a long fight? Great Job out there! Can't wait to get one of those myself.

The fish is actually pretty light it had a Double digit frame but it was hollow and light. Fish was a little over six pounds. When I thow the big baits I throw it on 50lb braid so when I hook a bass its game over within a min or so. But that one minute seems like forever and a day when you get slammed on the big bait, your heart is thumping a million miles per hour, and your adrenaline shoots through the roof.

Vman
11-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Looks like alot of fun. Are you using a leader with the braid ? Thanks.

smokinflies
11-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Damn bro, you're living up to your name!!!

Awesome catch toads!!!

ToadsToadsOnly
11-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Looks like alot of fun. Are you using a leader with the braid ? Thanks.

Normally I throw 20-25 lb seagaurs but on this fish I had no leader since I forgot it at home.