PDA

View Full Version : LB 11/12 (sorry, no images)

kozaki
11-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Started off at gray light with partly cloudy weather and murky to clear water clarity. Little to no waves and absolutely no wind. Worked the LC for a short halibut after about 10 casts. Of course this gives me great expectations for the rest of the day! Then for the next hour and a half, nothing. I was switching from the LCs, drop shot, and swim baits. At around 8:30, the wind started to pick up and I was able to get the fish to fall for the jerk shad. Ended up connecting with 5 more halibut on the drop shot- 2 legals, too! No love on the LC or the swim baits during this time. It was impressive how different the bite changed after the wind kicked a little. These fish were charging the jerk shad and running with it before I even had a chance to really set the hook. While retrieving the rig, I would feel a slight nibble and then slack. I would reel in the slack and after 3 to 4 cranks I would feel the fish. Normally, for me, I would feel a nibble and then a stop in the retrieve, followed with a hookset. Anyhow, all fish released with no bleeding. Sorry no images this time around.

murrieta angler
11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice job getting the legals Bro. Don't sweat the pics...:Smile: