PDA

View Full Version : How did we meet,great flash backs!!

Hitts0n
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
How did we MEET? Have you ever thought about how did you meet some people on Fnn? I met lots of folks on accident.I couldnt wait to meet some people on here.Events,bar b que's,weekend warriors,helping kids,helping each other,Fnn attire? I love meeting new people off of Fnn.Lets here your stories !! Memories !!

cappo
11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
someone gave me a bizness card

fisherman from long beach
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
let m tell you how i found fnn,fishing redondo beach ,i notice some guy fighting a fish on a lil boat.asked him what he had on the end of his line and he told me a big halibut,so i watched him fight this fish.he could'nt put it in his net,so i told him to come closer to the rocks and he gave me his boga lip grip.i jumped in knee deep to help him.i went online and managed to find this site,and low and behold i see boldfin with video and pics of the fish.and ever since then registered on this site,and became (alot)more interested in fishing.float tube,own lil boat ,different rods,lures now,b4 i was a bait and wait type fisherman.

Hitts0n
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I found this site cuss I was watching my buddy look for fishing reports so we know what lake to go to.So I continued to look at this site and registered.I think the first person I met was other Santa Fe Eric,and or Flymaster.I use to be a trouble maker on here and now I love to help out.
I remeber meeting Sansou on my side of the world when we really didnt care for each other.Been friends with him ever since.Met Raylopez and Jsauce at our home lakes...these guys are so fun to fish with and have great personalities.Met Chum leg and BarbieGirl because of the hot bite at the Lagoon.From there thats how I met Troutdog and Troutman65! This thread should go for a while.:Cool:

fisherman from long beach
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
i met up with troutman 65 out at his elks lodge,got a lil toasty out there,also met ahhvtec,he hooked me up on some supplys for the lobster hunt.really hoping to hook up with some other fnners ,maybe next get together out at the vine.

victor101
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I met Cappo on a Sculpin Charter.

I caught Odium fishing one of my perch spots one time but i didnt mind since he was using 80lb test and chorizo for bait.

I met Ghetto Dad and OZ(formerly known as Osiito)at a pro-Immigration rally at McArthur park. We became bff's...

I met Hbomb at a Dan hernandez fan club meeting.

Odium
11-12-2009, 03:03 PM

I caught Odium fishing one of my perch spots one time but i didnt mind since he was using 80lb test and chorizo for bait.

I met Ghetto Dad and OZ(formerly known as Osiito)at a pro-Immigration rally at McArthur park. We became bff's...

LIES!!!! I met Vic in front of Home Depot! My bucket got washed away when I was surf fishing, so I had to buy another one.

cappo
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
LIES!!!! I met Vic in front of Home Depot! My bucket got washed away when I was surf fishing, so I had to buy another one.

Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hbomb
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM

I met cappo and Victor101 on the way back from TJ, with the coyote and one day I was surf fishing and thats when I met odium surf fishing with 20 sabiki rigs. Ghetto dad and OZ I met him trying to jack my black beauty fishing rod.

victor101
11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I met cappo and Victor101 on the way back from TJ, with the coyote and one day I was surf fishing and thats when I met odium surf fishing with 20 sabiki rigs. Ghetto dad and OZ I met him trying to jack my black beauty fishing rod.

I heard you and Odium met at the Glorrrryyyhoollleee LOL

Odium
11-12-2009, 03:52 PM

Truth be told. . . GloryHbomb tried to ninja my bunk without any pants on when we went fishing on the pursuit. Luckily I wasnt asleep yet and he moved onto the next bunk. . .

I met Cappo after his sculpin mysteriously found it's way into my gunney sack. . .

City Dad
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I met Fisherman57 and Wingnut at a squawfish tournament up in Redding. Those were crazy days - the birth of the Pikeminnow Obsesives' Organization. Good times

hbomb
11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Yah he hooked me up with the Korean special .....:ROFL:

Fisherman57
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I met Fisherman57 and Wingnut at a squawfish tournament up in Redding. Those were crazy days - the birth of the Pikeminnow Obsesives' Organization. Good times

I remember that day......

Bigfoot ran by our campsite with an 8X10 glossy of a 2 pound Balboa Lake tilapia he claimed to have caught........(we all know 2lb Balboa Lake tilapias are mythical creatures)

Good times.

Sue
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM

The birth of POO????? LOL! :ROFL:

City Dad
11-12-2009, 07:49 PM
The birth of POO????? LOL! :ROFL:

sister organization of Troutfishing Urban Resiviors Devotees...

Thank you! I'll be here all weekend!!!

City Dad
11-12-2009, 08:04 PM
......we all know 2lb Balboa Lake tilapias are mythical creatures)

Good times.
laugh while you can... we are getting closer and closer...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/Tilapia/CIMG5477.jpg

Hitts0n
11-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I went to balboa yesterday....tiny fish being cought ! But they are very hungry !

Wingnut
11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I met Fisherman 57 at Broad Beach while poaching each other's Perch spots. :LOL:

I met City Dad at the ESPN Annual Lake Balboa Tilapia Classic.

I met TroutOnly at the Castaic Lagoon Striper Derby.

I met Bones at the retired S.W.A.T. members association benefit dinner.

I met Flyngby at the Spotted Fever Clinic.

I met HittsOn after he invited himself to my house to watch Sunday night football, ate all my food and drank all the beer out of my refrigerator. :ROFL:

I met Geordybass at the Catch & Release seminar. :Big Smile:

I met BSP at a H1N1 awareness convention. :LOL:

I met Sansou while seeking legal advice for Wingnut Pug's injury claim. She slip & fell while shopping at PetCo.

Fisherman57
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
laugh while you can... we are getting closer and closer...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/Tilapia/CIMG5477.jpg

:EyePop: OK OK......... I'm a believer! NICE FISH City Girl!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/SARL050.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm............2010 may bring the first annual TEAM 57 "Balboa Bigfoot Bareknuckle Tilapia Brawl"......... stay tuned! :ROFL:

Hitts0n
11-13-2009, 08:54 AM
I met Fisherman 57 at Broad Beach while poaching each other's Perch spots. :LOL:

I met City Dad the ESPN Annual Lake Balboa Tilapia Classic.

I met TroutOnly at the Castaic Lagoon Striper Derby.

I met Bones at the retired S.W.A.T. members association benefit dinner.

I met Flyngby at the Spotted Fever Clinic.

I met HittsOn after he invited himself to my house to watch Sunday night football, ate all my food and drank all the beer out of my refrigerator. :ROFL:

I met Geordybass at the Catch & Release seminar. :Big Smile:

Oh thats why you havent invited me back over to your house ! The truth comes out !

bsp
11-13-2009, 09:13 AM

Hey man, I told you to keep that on the down low!

Bet you didn't want people to know that when we next met, you, Bones, and Beans77 were loading up your buckets with garibaldi and baby Black Seabass at The Spot!

I met Troutdog while we were running after the stocking truck at Laguna Niguel Lake.

I met Fisherman57 while he and Wingnut were trying to broker lucrative and sinister "T-Shirt" deals at the Fred Hall "Fishing Tackle and Boat" Show.

:ROFL:

Granny Fish
11-13-2009, 10:13 AM
The first FNN people I met was Trollmeister & Pontoon. I had been following thier catfish reports for several months on FNN. One night we were camping out at Irvine Lake and seen them up at the tackle shop and I think Fat Albert was taking pictures of a big catfish they caught that night. We laughed and talked for several hours and Pontoon gave me his big catfish.

I've met a lot of other members since then while fishing organized events and not so organized events. I think I met Hitts at one of those not so organized events sitting around the campfire. He was smoking one of those Black & Milds and drinking Sangria. He tried some of the wine that I brought and said I was drinking the hard stuff. I guess it would seem that way to someone drinking wine punch. :ROFL:

Hitts0n
11-13-2009, 10:18 AM
The first FNN people I met was Trollmeister & Pontoon. I had been following thier catfish reports for several months on FNN. One night we were camping out at Irvine Lake and seen them up at the tackle shop and I think Fat Albert was taking pictures of a big catfish they caught that night. We laughed and talked for several hours and Pontoon gave me his big catfish.

I've met a lot of other members since then while fishing organized events and not so organized events. I think I met Hitts at one of those not so organized events sitting around the campfire. He was smoking one of those Black & Milds and drinking Sangria. He tried some of the wine that I brought and said I was drinking the hard stuff. I guess it would seem that way to someone drinking wine punch. :ROFL:

lma000 ! I hope to see u next saturday 21st !

sansou
11-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I bumped in to Hitts at Galleon's (sp?) up in Castaic a couple years ago. He was planning to smoke one of his beloved Black & Milds. I gave him a Cuban Cohiba....life is too short to smoking black&mild.

I think the first person I met from FNN was Catchthatrout Tony. He invited me to go to an FNN fishing tournament. It was there that Tony introduced me to a freak with no leg. :ROFL:

deanhall32
11-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I had never heard of FNN until I was on a cattle boat and noticed 3 asian guys wearing the same hoodie bearing NBU. I started making fun of one of them because he had a Team Daiwa patch on his sleeve(Kevin Kim) and another guy was eating the heads off of live sardines( LA Smoker ) and the third guy was talking a million miles per hour(Funjunkie74). So what do I do? I go home and log on to FNN and meet some arrogant guy named Ghetto Dad and end up fishing with him and his posse-BBFC which I ended up joining. That has since become defunct but I have made alot of other great friends!!!

sansou
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I had never heard of FNN until I was on a cattle boat and noticed 3 asian guys wearing the same hoodie bearing NBU. I started making fun of one of them because he had a Team Daiwa patch on his sleeve(Kevin Kim) and another guy was eating the heads off of live sardines( LA Smoker ) and the third guy was talking a million miles per hour(Funjunkie74). So what do I do? I go home and log on to FNN and meet some arrogant guy named Ghetto Dad and end up fishing with him and his posse-BBFC which I ended up joining. That has since become defunct but I have made alot of other great friends!!!

Defunct?

I remember those poor BBFC guys got da-funked alright when a certain someone decided to drop a deuce at the bow of a cattleboat. :ROFL:

Granny Fish
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
lma000 ! I hope to see u next saturday 21st !

I'll be in Florida, but Mike might be there.:Wink:

deanhall32
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I met Sansou through FNN because he is about the only other member that lives in San Diego. We first met in person on a trip to SQ and he wanted to share a hotel room to " keep the costs down" but I insisted that we get our own rooms being that I didn't know him that well. Well.... we have become good friends since then thanks to FNN and many other fishing trips...

sansou
11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I met Sansou through FNN because he is about the only other member that lives in San Diego. We first met in person on a trip to SQ and he wanted to share a hotel room to " keep the costs down" but I insisted that we get our own rooms being that I didn't know him that well. Well.... we have become good friends since then thanks to FNN and many other fishing trips...

Damn....I guess I gotta find a new line other than "keep the costs down".

:Sissy Fight:

ghetto dad
11-14-2009, 07:57 AM

I met coach dean hall while he was fishing on the Native Sun following Kevin Kim and the NBU around like a lost puppy dog, asking him for fishing advice and his autograph......then I took in that lost puppy dog, gave him a name, and jumped him into my then non-defunct crew...we had good times till then...you forgot to mention that you were about to get jumped into the NBU, until I stole you from them coach!:ROFL: and you know you love me brother...

I met sansou while fishing for 10 inch bass on the Native Sun....he owned that day...slaying a barely legal sculpin which he gave to Cappo which in turn got jacked by one of Vics people.....

I met Vic on one of the BBFC trips, expecting to have a sh** talking war with him as much as he talked sh** in our former chat room, only to find that he didnt say 2 words that day....just gruntin and breathing heavily, which reminded me of "slingblade"

I met Cappo on a Spitfire trip and my first impression of him was harcore cuz in the Redondo Parkin lot, he was takin his mustang four wheeling over curbs and islands! :ROFL: That was classic!

I met Oz on one of the Spitfire trips, and found out that if I enjoy my fingers, do not ever put them near him when hes eating, especially pork chops! :ROFL:

I met Ricky Ray on the 976 charter on the Coroloma, after hearing from a former friend that he was a d***, and to not fish with him...which is untrue....hes a great guy, and is the king of the "NBUUUU POOOACCCHHH!!"

GD