PDA

View Full Version : Back from Heart Valve Surgery

fishtacomag
11-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Well I had the surgery on Tuesday and got home on Saturday. I chose the pig tissue instead of a mechanical so I would not have to go on Coumadin--Of course that decision means I will have to have open heart surgery again in 12-20 years. I am banking that in that amount of time perhaps it won't be so invasive and not have to crack open the rib cage again...But if not--well I have recovered pretty good. Good thing I work out of my house--I can do some calls or emails and then go take a nap. Today I have really hit the wall, but then perhaps I overdid it with the 1-1/2 mile walk I took in the morning. They say to work up to TWO 1/2 hour walks.
I got the Winter issue of FISH TACO CHRONICLES done before I went in and will go in the mail this week. All you subscribers be on the lookout for it.
shawn

olfishergal
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
glad you are recovering well fishtaco, take it careful with the exercise, work up to it lol......you made a good decision and am glad you are on the mend. I am not a subscriber to your mag, but looks like I should be. Glad to hear you are doing well.......OFG

cutbait
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Great to hear your doing well. Man, take care of yourself. Don't overdue it. Work can wait.

Where did you have it done at?

fishtacomag
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
kaiser LA/Hollywood. So far I say they did a great job. I have heard it takes about 3 months to go back to feeling like normal...I guess I have 11 weeks to go

sansou
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Good to hear! Good to hear!

Sounds like you'll be stalking trout again before the season is even over!

Looking forward to the winter issue.

Noobiesrule
11-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Glad to hear you're making a successful recovery so far. My sister had a heart transplant a few years ago at Loma Linda.

bruce watson
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. Just out of curiousity, how old are you and how long did you have to stay in the hospital?

fishtacomag
11-12-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. Just out of curiousity, how old are you and how long did you have to stay in the hospital?

I am 51 went in the hospital on Tuesday the 3rd and came home Sat the 7th.