PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake....bummer deal with the trout

evalrez
11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Went to the Vine on Saturday with the fam bam, a few friends and fiance's uncle (David). So here's David playing up this "hot spot" @ the flats. I was already upset at the fact that he decided it was okay to go where he pleased when we werent suppose to. Out of ALLLLL the spots around the lake we all had to follow his lead because "he knows what he's talking about when it comes to this hot spot". I was so annoyed by his know it all attitude. So we get to "the spot" (mind you he's excited about this spot because he and my fiance caught 15 cats in about 4 hrs....thats his claim anyway) we get all set up. We had a moocher in the bunch which wasnt cool cuz we had gone to The Longfin to pick up some supplies and this friend of ours doesnt bother buying anything. Anyway, we get a little bet going....$10 in....who ever catches the biggest fish. So here goes david with his bells ringin. Dude, he would scare off birds that were like 50 ft from his line because he didnt want them to scare the fish or whatever...and coincidently my line would happen to be where he was throwin ****. :Angry: I was like dude i dont mind the birds quit throwin **** scaring away any possible catch of mine!! So I decided to move away but somehow he still managed to throw stuff my way. Anyway, needless to say he ended up with 5 cats @ a trout opener, winning the $30. I was so pissed...i was there for the trout not the "hot spot" for cats. I had a good time with the company we had but it woulda been nice if we all would have caught something. We all caught a buzz thats for sure.

2jackedLUNGS
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
This David guy sounds like a real winner. You should have ditched him and headed to west shore or trout isle.

getthenet
11-11-2009, 07:23 PM
This David guy sounds like a real winner. You should have ditched him and headed to west shore or trout isle.

damm you should be happy to go fish if your buddy is catching and your not take notes

sansou
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Bummer. You'll get them trout next time.

Fishing with aggressive people is not fun.

evalrez
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
damm you should be happy to go fish if your buddy is catching and your not take notes

Yeah, next time I'll be sure to take notes from a guy who doesn't care to get fined for trespassing and likes throwin rocks at birds. I don't need to take notes if I'm doing nothing different than what he's doing. Only thing I wasn't doing was distrubing his waters.

gavin310
11-12-2009, 10:47 AM

He said he was fishing for trout and the other guy was fishing for catfish (unless I misunderstood?) The trout bite won't be good at the catfish holes. You guys should have agreed to fish for the same species beforehand though so you could have brought your mackerel :) Sounds like this uncle guy had his own agenda though.

CatchthatTrout
11-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Don't worry, we'll (Team 57) replace the "in-law" crowd and have a good time catching trout with you.