PDA

View Full Version : STRIPER Junkies from 1:30 AM to 7 AM w/ lots of JUNK FISH!!!

cutbait
11-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Tough night. High flows, recently slow but steady bite, late moon, and cold temps...

Only the strung out do this stuff. Head up north for 1 fish landed and 2 fish farmed at the first spot. One of those farmed fish was a PIG! Trailblazer stuck him right at his feet, his textbook siphon pattern. After two long hard runs the fish wraps him up in a 8ft piece of 4X4 floating in the water. That was it. Lost fish! Don't know how big it was, but from what I saw of it. I would say a DD.

Here is the one landed

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper086.jpg

Off to the next spot for 1 fish landed and two more farmed.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper090.jpg

Third spot I get hooked up and its a nice fish. I batter him up in the dirt, just like gary likes.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper092.jpg

Then I take Trailblazer to a little spot I have been hitting solo. Tried to keep it under wraps, but he is my fishin parnter so I had to take him. Turns out this hole was full of junk fish. No fightn' no drag peeln junk fish.. here they are

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper091.jpg

Scott dirt batters one for Gary
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper093.jpg

Then I stick this thing, Note: I fished Largemouth and in club tourney's. I cannot describe the difference in fight and veracious runs or lack of in LMB's then the Stripers.

Hello, my name is Mike, and I am addicted to striper

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper094.jpg

Not a bad fish. But give me dem duct stripa's!!

All fish released to fight again!

45 degrees, slight wind, reels acting up in the cool weather, 1:30-7AM, 150 mile round trip. Are we Crazy???

yolo
11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Junk fish, lol. I thought you might have snagged a carp or something. That's funny. Yes there is nothing better than a duct striper. Well maybe a Lake Mohave 40 lber but that's too far. Nice going out there!

fishincrave
11-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Nice going out there Cutbait and trailblazer :Smile: those junk fish should all go back:LOL: . Those are some nice taco stripies but i'm sure your freezer if full of them:ROFL:.

Sean

trail blazer
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
ALL fish CandRd,,,,,,Was a blast out there with you<AS USUAL>CUT BAIT!!.

Best fishing partner ive ever had<<BAR NONE:Big Grin:<<<<<<<,,DOUBLE DIGIT??Hard to say for sure BUT,,He sure was motoring,,WASN,T HE!!!!!!

That secret spot of your,s/OUR,S,,,LOL,,,,,Like it,,LIKE IT ALOT

kpn
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Great job as usual guys. Those green back are not very good for taco anyway :ROFL:.

KPN.

trail blazer
11-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Great job as usual guys. Those green back are not very good for taco anyway :ROFL:.

KPN.

I just wish that such a invasive fish like the LMB/green back carp,,would have never got into our striper fishery,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,

C,MONNN PEOPLE,,,,,,Just kidding around

RamboBoy
11-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice going out there

There is no fish at the Duct! LOL j/k

cutbait
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
"like goin down to the pond and chasin' bluegills or tommycods"

Please someone name that quote?

FINSMACKDOWN
11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I just wish that such a invasive fish like the LMB/green back carp,,would have never got into our striper fishery,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,

C,MONNN PEOPLE,,,,,,Just kidding around

Green back carp:ROFL: thats awesome! bummer on the missed DD, he'll be back though. Gary lost a FATTY greenback last night during a Recon mission at the Lagoon,,,,,,,its goin around:Big Grin:

trail blazer
11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
"like goin down to the pond and chasin' bluegills or tommycods"

please someone name that quote?

jaws,,,quint,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
11-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Green back carp:ROFL: thats awesome! bummer on the missed DD, he'll be back though. Gary lost a FATTY greenback last night during a Recon mission at the Lagoon,,,,,,,its goin around:Big Grin:

Fins, don't do that to me!

Native Gal
11-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Early a.m. stripers, sweeet!!!
Congrats on all the nice duct fishies gents!

NG
:Big Grin:

DEADROOTS
11-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Id have to say... GET ER DUN!!

TroutOnly
11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I HATE WHEN THOSE GREEN FISH GET IN THE WAY,,,,,GREAT JOB BOYS KEEP 0ON SLAYIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Deyymonayy
11-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Nice fish guys, you really have those stripers dialed in. Just wondering, but, what is the best spot to catch a striper relatively close to redlands ca? I have tried many times but I consistently fail at catching striper and have yet to land a single one. I am looking to catch any size striper just to get a feel for things, any help would be greatly appreciated

cutbait
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Nice fish guys, you really have those stripers dialed in. Just wondering, but, what is the best spot to catch a striper relatively close to redlands ca? I have tried many times but I consistently fail at catching striper and have yet to land a single one. I am looking to catch any size striper just to get a feel for things, any help would be greatly appreciated

Your best bet is one of your striper lakes closest to you. The Duct is not for the "noob" striper fisherman. Its a 350+ concrete river that has very few places that collect fish.

BakoBassin
11-13-2009, 10:11 AM
When you use 65# braid and a heavy action rod you're not gonna get much fight out of 1# fish.

I'm sure Serg and I would enjoy fishing that spot...hint.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-17-2009, 09:05 AM
STAY AWAY FROM MY DUCT LARGEMOUTH !

(where the spotted bass ?)

Ha ha ha

Sorry bout the lost feesh..sounds like one to remember..

Looks like that fish will be there waiting for me on my triumphant return to rape your backyard (no pun please!) -ha ha ha

Nice work guys on those jailbirds, nice quality feesh there....

I'll bet you must have went to my basshole (again-no pun intended) if you did...beware...that is where I got hooked....it's a bloodletting spot...the fish's blood and yours !!!!

Nice work fellers'

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
try skinner or silverwood...skinner would most likely be a better bet

cutbait
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Those fish came from my "bass hole".

And you know what I mean. :mad:

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Those fish came from my "bass hole".

And you know what I mean. :mad:

pulled those fish outa your "What"?