PDA

View Full Version : Capt'n & fishyBoy do Pyramid Sunday

CAPT'N
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Well,

had not hit Pyramid since March, so figured it was time to ply the waters there.

We were first boat in line, and in the water by 7:10. went straight to Posey and fished her hard for 2 LMB, 3 or 4 schoolie stripers, and a nice smallie.

Then drift fished Bear Trap and two poles for some schoolie stripers, after that fished Seranno for 3 more LMB, and then the west side for 2 more smallie.

Later saw Deadroots, shared some info, and spots, went and caught another smallie.

Saw no boils all day, a few 6-7" trout, and lots of flat glassy water.

All fish caught on cranks, and jerk baits.

Just a few pics today:

FishyBoys 1st Small Mouth Bass
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF5836.jpg

Picture perfect day

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF5839.jpg

off the water and eating a hot dog before 4PM,

Capt'n

Fire Ball
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
That is a smallie? It looks like a largemouth to me, lol. I guess it does have a small mouth though! :ROFL:

Congrats on your first smallie, FishyBoy! I might go to Pyramid sometime soon. I haven't been there for years.

Wingnut
11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
That is a smallie? It looks like a largemouth to me, lol. I guess it does have a small mouth though! :ROFL:

That is a Smallmouth Bass. :Wink:

Nice job there Arthur, those bronzeback fight like there's no tomorrow. Haven't been to Pyramid in months... may have to hit it up soon. :Cool:

DEADROOTS
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Awesome smallies arent they!? :Envious:

It was cool running into to you guys. I would have just hung out where I saw you two for the rest of the time and not caught my smallie! :Beer Toast:

DEADROOTS-

Fishthewhaler
11-13-2009, 11:16 AM
nice smallie there!! Did you guys happen to do any trolling? We might go up there sunday if weather is good. Thanks for the report!
FTW

eddie33081
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah depending on wind and weather I might got to pyramid myself over castaic.

CAPT'N
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Fishthewhaler,

we were on a hard bait junket. No bait, no plastics, just crank baits and jerk baits.

Stripers were not really our target species for the day.

Capt'n