PDA

View Full Version : 11-08

bigd87
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
First report and first time here. Lake is a billion times bigger than santa ana river lake. and so is the line. I came here on a last minute idea from fishing the night before with two others, so i was dead tired from no sleep. Got our lines in around 7. We caught 8 trouts off powerbait. Everyone around us was catching limits quick. Threw some panther martins n roostertails for no luck.

I plan on goin back soon. I plan on renting a patio boat with a few buddies that never fished before. Is it possible to bait n wait with powerbait on those boats or would we be drifting too much?

kinguyen
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Looks like you had more luck than I did on the my first trip, Congrats. I'm not sure about the boat and drift thing. I would think that you would have a better chance because of getting to deeper water and covering more water on a boat than land fishing.

bigd87
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
how did launching your boat go? i read your other post haha. you had no luck on a boat?

Big Daddy
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
You can bait and wait or you can also troll the pontoons and they are killing the fish trolling right now

bigd87
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
You can bait and wait or you can also troll the pontoons and they are killing the fish trolling right now

whats the typical setup for trolling? i've never trolled before. Is there a certain speed you need to go at?

Big Daddy
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
You can use your spinning rods usually 4 to 6# line tye a swivel about 2" up the line and attach a Rapala (I usually use the CD5'S fire tiger or the brown trout pattern) or you can use any spoons or spinners Rooster tails, panther martins, Thomas bouyants, or whatever there are no rules. I peraonally like Rapalas. Let your line out about 100 t0 125" and set your drag loose behind boat and troll with the boat going as slow as it will go or watch your speed with someonelse that is trolling. I will be trolling early on saturday and bait and wait when that quits working or I am going for my 2nd limit. Have fun.

2jackedLUNGS
11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Ya Irvine is infinitely better than SARL. If youre going to spend the money for a pontoon I'd say troll. We were hooking up every five minutes Saturday.

bigd87
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
You can use your spinning rods usually 4 to 6# line tye a swivel about 2" up the line and attach a Rapala (I usually use the CD5'S fire tiger or the brown trout pattern) or you can use any spoons or spinners Rooster tails, panther martins, Thomas bouyants, or whatever there are no rules. I peraonally like Rapalas. Let your line out about 100 t0 125" and set your drag loose behind boat and troll with the boat going as slow as it will go or watch your speed with someonelse that is trolling. I will be trolling early on saturday and bait and wait when that quits working or I am going for my 2nd limit. Have fun.

haha dang 100 - 125" i dont even think my reel can hold that much lol.

Marley
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Right now everything is on top. Troll anything orange, or anchor up and fish worms under bobbers, or stop and drift and fish worms under bobbers. Watch the weather forecast though, because any wind over like 5 mph will make anchoring a pontoon an exercise in futility and frustration.

bigd87
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Right now everything is on top. Troll anything orange, or anchor up and fish worms under bobbers, or stop and drift and fish worms under bobbers. Watch the weather forecast though, because any wind over like 5 mph will make anchoring a pontoon an exercise in futility and frustration.

if i tried using the bobber n worm. how far up do i put the bobber and dont inflate the worm right?

bigd87
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
haha i think im gonna go tuesday morning...

kinguyen
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
how did launching your boat go? i read your other post haha. you had no luck on a boat?

The Launch went OK, I had no problems and the boat is still in 1 peice. Im new to the freshwater/lake fishing and Im thinking the fish didnt like my bait or maybe there wasnt anymore fish to bite my bait. Is it possible?? HAHA.. Looks like someone must've beat me to the water. I got there a little later than I would've liked but the people in the baitshop said it was a slow. They were'nt kidding.