PDA

View Full Version : Vine wed. ?

fishnfool101380
11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
FNG here hope this is in the right spot, couldnt find another.
Planning on fishing the vine wed the 11th, not taking the boat and have not fished for trout in about two years. So needles to say Im a little rusty. I never have fished there from shore nor have I fished that far away from a plant. So the advice Im seeking from you trout masters is #1 Do you think the bite will continue as strong as this past weekend (yes I know its fishing) and #2 Where should I fish from shore and if that does not pan out where should I move to. I know Im asking alot for a newbe here but can promise I ALWAYS post reports good or bad and normaly have plenty of extra room on board my 22' cuddy I normaly take. Normal price for a lake ride on the boat should run ya a couple of coldys and maybe a sandwich and some good conversation. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Prowler_Tuber
11-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I saw guys killing them from trout island and they really were slaying them from the west shore. Im sure the bite will be good but who know if that will last for long, a bunch of fish were caught but no word on the 20+ lbs fish I havent seen anything about those fish yet. Well good luck and Ill see ya out there on wed Ill be on my float tube of course

Big Daddy
11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
The west shore is a bit of a hike but has been on fire and probably will be for a long time. trout Island you can drive to and there are alot of fish there also you shouldn't have any trouble getting fish. Start early with your leader 2# about 18" to 24" long and as the sun starts to peak change leader to about 12" to 16" long. The garlic pb has been great and I also used the corn pb, you can also make a power mouse and let it do the trick. All in all you will catch fish.:Big Grin: Have fun.

Angler Dan
11-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I will be there at about 0800 to fish the Trout Lagoon with my kids. If that does not pan out, I am going to hit the big lake for a while.

The advice above is dead on, but if you want to look for me at the kids lagoon, I might be able to help with some on-the-spot tips (for what they are worth). Look for a black 4-Runner.

Team_Strike
11-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know how the Trout Qualifier works???
i was reading fine print on this and it says that you CAN NOT take your own private boat and they will draw names to see who fishes with who, trollers with trollers and bait fishermen with bait fishermen. what if i want to fish with a partner, how does that work?
Also does it cost extra to fishing in that qualifier???

I’ll be heading over there in Wednesday as well, do some pre-fishing for this weekend.
Tight Lines!

Big Daddy
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Where did you see this fine print. In the past you just enter the tournament for prize money. If you catch 1 of the biggest ten fish on a qualifing weekends you qualify for the masters. When the masters tournament happens in april I think that is when maybe you get teamed up.

fishnfool101380
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks all see ya there. White F150 w/rack swing by and have a brew.

Hitts0n
11-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I will be there in uniform