PDA

View Full Version : Phantom 34 Tears it Up

DarkShadow
11-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Spent Saturday hammering the Diamond with my buddy Phantom 34, and the green trout seem to be cooperating just nicely. They've actually been cooperating since January, and I hate to think that I will never have such a memorable year fishing this lake as I've had this year.

Using a technique that has been honed throughout the Fall, and has been introduced to us by Art Berry, Phantom managed something that I hadn't seen with my own eyes. Every had 14 pounds of fish on your line at the same time?

Yeah, I didn't think it was possible either, especially using such light line.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3772/tamaaa.jpg
Congrats Albert. Another epic day.

If anybody is having trouble getting on fish, give my man Art Berry a call. Not only will this guy put you on fish, show you great spots on the lake, and share his fish catching philosophy, you'll become a better fisherman at the end of the day. Give him a call! 619 438-2620

Special Shout Outs:

• Team Trolltoon! Thanks for the ride back up to the parking lot. You saved us a lot of huffing and puffing.

• Art Berry. We hope you did well in your tournament. Tamaaaa!

PONTOON
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
DarkShadow, It was a pleasure to talk with you and Phantom Saturday and the pictures of the DVL Hogs you guys caught were very impressive!

Way to go guys!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

eddiefishtaco
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
No stripers?:Rolls Eyes:

phantom 34
11-08-2009, 05:44 PM

don't fish for stripers but if i do and i catch them believe me mini or big they DIE!!!!!!:Twisted:

sansou
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Outstanding!

Nice job Phantom & Darkshadow!

DarkShadow
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM

Nope, no fish tacos today.

We don't really "target" stripers at DVL, though. We've caught plenty of smaller schoolies that eat our lures accidentally, and we end up 'releasing' them to help the fishery.

You know, we release them to the live well, right before we smack 'em with an oar.

On a good swing, they land outside the boat. We consider that a 'home run' and we keep score. Loser buys dinner.

eddiefishtaco
11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
nope, no fish tacos today.

We don't really "target" stripers at dvl, though. We've caught plenty of smaller schoolies that eat our lures accidentally, and we end up 'releasing' them to help the fishery.

You know, we release them to the live well, right before we smack 'em with an oar.

On a good swing, they land outside the boat. We consider that a 'home run' and we keep score. Loser buys dinner.

LoL :ROFL:

ZplugJunkie
11-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Gee i wonder where berry got the idea for that rig from? Nothing new but still cool to see two bucket mouths coming up. Not to shabby.

Indo-angler
11-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Gee i wonder where berry got the idea for that rig from? Nothing new but still cool to see two bucket mouths coming up. Not to shabby.

I learned that method from Don Iovino. Who did he get it from!?

Stephen you got a PM!

Nice job on the fish, guys! Yes, Art is the man!

eddiefishtaco
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
If it is what I think it is..

It was born in puerto vallarta like 300 years ago

and was a slow trolling method for Snook (Robalo)

:LOL:

DarkShadow
11-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Outstanding!

Nice job Phantom & Darkshadow!

When u gonna make the drive up north and troll some rainbow colored power bait to catch some of these fish, rich?

;-)

ZplugJunkie
11-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I learned that method from Don Iovino. Who did he get it from!?

Stephen you got a PM!

Nice job on the fish, guys! Yes, Art is the man!

You got Pm.

Yes, ART BERRY is the man for bass. But i still consider GREGG SILKS to be the man since i'd rather catch stripers.

snag
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice!

I thought that was you two in the parking lot in the am...

Way to go out there.

I forgot my camera today...will try and post up tomorrow.

Tight lines all

trollmiester
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
thanx for the shout out. Gl;ad to help out and nice meeting two happy fisherman with a great catch of the day. Thamx again ,see you in the water.

phantom 34
11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
thanx for the shout out. Gl;ad to help out and nice meeting two happy fisherman with a great catch of the day. Thamx again ,see you in the water.

thanx a million troll u guys saved my lungs u know a husky(little overwheight)guy like me would've been huffing and puffing:ROFL:.maybe one day you can show me some of them catfishing skills.

ZplugJunkie
11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I funny how people critize other who teach fishing. There are no new techniques. Everone learns from everyone. You should be happy he showed you a new trick. There is nothing but haters on this forum always critcizing Berry. Its funny how they can't seem to employ the proper techniques, but when someone show them something new, they seem to have already learned it but could think to use it.

No one should be criticizing Art. He's a nice guy, i see him on the water just as much as i am.

bblbasser
11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
No one should be criticizing Art. He's a nice guy, i see him on the water just as much as i am.

roger that! Scott

nismotech91
11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Beautiful fish!

kewlwhip
11-11-2009, 08:26 PM
nice toads-