PDA

View Full Version : The DUCT,,STRIPERS,,,T,B Tells ALL ,11/7/09,

trail blazer
11-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Had a cpl hrs to spend fishing{FINALLY}:Big Grin:,,,So i headed out to a siphon near BUTTONMILLOW ,,the temblor siphon off low,kern rd.

Fished there for abought an hr and only had 1 follower,,a 20lb+ carp,,trying to eat my WHITE FLUKE ,,Couldnt beleave it,,he kept hitting it all the way to my feet where i got a really good look at him,HUGE:EyePop:,Then he just swam off 35 to 40 in long,,,WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLAST TRYING TO LAND HIM,,LOL.

Off to the 2nd and last stop,,,THE BUTTONWILLOW GATES Off hwy 58 and low kern rd.

Turned out to be my money spot:Smile:

Seen TONS of silversides up against the gates,DOWNSTREAM side.

Tied on my silverside look alike, LC 128 And started casting,,,HOOKUP
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ,,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Way bigger then our avg fish.

This fish had MEGA STRONG SHOULDERS, great fight.

4 or 5 min later i had him,,,,26 1/2 in and SUPER FAT and THICK.

Never have i seen a striper of that length have the girth that that fish had,,,,,The pic dosnt do him justice at all but here it is anyway,,,7lbs 11 oz on my nabors digi when i weigh,d him at home.

That was the lightest wt of the 3 diferent scales that i weighed him/her on,,but all were with in 4 oz of each other

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2866.jpg

Afew min later i picked up 1 more at abought 23 in and was also extremly fat,,,here he is

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2867.jpg

FLOWS,,,MED,HVY
WINDY
LC,128,,AM SHAD color
pflueger reel,,purist
diawa pro cast rod,,7,6
15lb test cxx p line
med steady retreive

Nothing in there belly,s when i cleaned them,,,,couldn,t hardly beleave that!!!!!!!.

Been c and r ing them for a while but decided to keep these for TACOS,,MMMMMM MMMM

Guess i wont be hitting that spot again for a while,,LOL
TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Who did you fish with?

TB tells all. HAHAHA those things came from the A/V.. No Bako fish are that big.

Glad you got some fish. Been worried sick about you not catching anything in awhile!!!!

Was afraid you took up golf or something

kpn
11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
YEP YEP!!!! Those look like AV stripers there bro. Great job and save some for me :ROFL:.

trail blazer
11-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Who did you fish with?

TB tells all. HAHAHA those things came from the A/V.. No Bako fish are that big.

Glad you got some fish. Been worried sick about you not catching anything in awhile!!!!

Was afraid you took up golf or something

LOL,,,,,,,Hey C,BAIT,,,,If you can ,,post that pic that i sent you on your phone .

TroutOnly
11-08-2009, 05:00 AM
GREAT JOB T/B NOW KILL THEM ALL,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

cutbait
11-08-2009, 07:16 AM
I still think the cell phone pic does this fish more justice than your "trick photography" attempts!

BTW, the "barrel" body this fish has looks awfully suspicous to me. I know you have been playing around with the idea of painting a carp and putting stripes on it. Then earlier in the post you talk about a carp that slammed your fluke!

coincidence???

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/11-07-09951734.jpg

FINSMACKDOWN
11-08-2009, 10:55 AM
that is a FATTY nice job, tacos always sound good

M@M
11-08-2009, 01:27 PM
WOW! Nice fish!

trail blazer
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
YEP YEP!!!! Those look like AV stripers there bro. Great job and save some for me :ROFL:.

LOL!!
There getting fatter up here FAST kahn,,,,,,,,,Just like last year,,abought a month behind the AV.

Only a matter of time till i beat CUT BAIT,s 30# pig,,LOL

Even if i have to catch a 40lb carp and paint stripes down its sides:LOL:,,BEACUSE if he<CUT BAIT> winds up with the largest duct striper of the year , WE will never hear the end of it:Rolls Eyes:

TRAIL BLAZER

DEADROOTS
11-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Holly moley! Good work bud!

cutbait
11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I like when the fish start getting to that size and the scales and the stripes near the size start getting a "deeper" texture.

I also like the circular disformation of the stripes on the second fish

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
mAN.....you do tell all ! BUT WHEN YOU TELL IT'S IT'S A STRETCHER !.....

Does your nose grow ???

thats a real nice feesh but THAT wasnt the photo I received on MY camera from you !...

THIS IS

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/tbEDIT-1.jpg
Come on man...tell the truth..

AND...I know you caught that at the Lagoon !

fishinone
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
TrailBlazer,

Congrats on the slayin and thanks for the informative post. Now all I need is time to fish.

fishinone.

trail blazer
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
mAN.....you do tell all ! BUT WHEN YOU TELL IT'S IT'S A STRETCHER !.....

Does your nose grow ???

thats a real nice feesh but THAT wasnt the photo I received on MY camera from you !...

THIS IS

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/tbEDIT-1.jpg
Come on man...tell the truth..

AND...I know you caught that at the Lagoon !

LOL,,,,,,,,Niceeee,,,,,,,,,,,Bet that thing would make some GREAT STEAKS:Wink:,,,,,,,,,,,,,YUK YUK YUK

RAY ONE
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Nice catch bro WTG

BassnRack
11-09-2009, 09:27 PM
That's a real fatty for around here! Great job! Now that tourney season is over until the end of January, it's time to hit up the DUCT. Maybe we can hookup and head out one of these days!