PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going to Castaic Nov. 7th, BUT..

basscat
11-04-2009, 11:34 PM
there's the Team Bass Tourney this same Saturday. I can imagine that the upper lake is going to be crammed full of the pro's and fishing pressure galore.

We were looking to get into some stripers, so is it a bad idea to bother to go in a rental?

Then, next week is the next bass tourney, another bad weekend Saturday for recreational fun probably.

Fire Ball
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Try and go on Sunday. If you can't then try to go to a different lake or just go during the tournament.

basscat
11-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Yea, wish we could fish Sunday's but not a good day for us.

I heard that the pro's don't like regular fishermen in rentals, especially if it's near their bite area or spots where it was pre-fished (of course, we're not after the bass and understand they need to score points also) but it's all equal to me on the lake, unless there's a name after them.

I heard it's worse if you happen to be anchored in their possible go-to spot.

AnglerBob
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
basscat, you have as much right to fish there as they do. I would exercise the courtesy you would extend any other anglers as far as maintaining respectful distance, etc. but I wouldn't let that stop me. Castaic is heavily fished by pros every day; I frequently fish from a rental and never have had any problems. That said, I usually fish weekdays anyway as weekends are just too nuts, tourney or no. Have a great striper slay!

basscat
11-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Bob, thanks!! Yea, wished I could afford to fish weekdays or even a Friday at least. But yes, we've always respect the others surrounding us and just hope they (not calling out the pro's) return the same.

It's more the yahoo's and real aggressive guys who toss their lures or bait within 5 ft. from our boat, especially when the boils are going off. Once or twice is okay, mistakes happen, but constantly throwing them our way is just plain ignorant and dangerous (had a friend who got hooked with trebles from another boat on his neck, not cool).

Usually, we'll most likely move away and by then, the boils moved off anyways.