PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tubers!

mytyt
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Plan on taking the tube out to irvine next week. Where's a good spot to launch ? Also a good area to kick to? Plan on fishing plastics for the trout, Lipripperz, jigs etc. Anyone fish the Turner Jones Micro jigs? i have some that I've had for years and I'm just getting back into fresh water fishing after many years of only salt water. Thanks for any info.

marshhawk
11-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi mytyt, I have tubed Irvine several times this season, I have been targeting LMB , the places I have launched are , the ramp by trout island, as far back in Santiago Flats as I could drive, you will see where you can drive down and park! and the boat launch ramp, from the boat launch we fish woodys and down the shore toward the dam, from trout island we fish around the island and the boat docks and sometime across to the point outside woodys cove, from the road back into santiago flats we cross the lake and have fished that shoreline clear down to sierra cove, the wind is the limiting factor, it usualy blows from the dam towards santigo flats, so we push hard towards the red clay cliffs or sierra and the wind helps me get back. I don't know for sure where the best trout spots are, but if it were me I would launch at trout island and fish from there back into santiage flats. Good Luck! Marshhawk