PDA

View Full Version : Post your fnn good deed here.

trollmiester
11-04-2009, 06:50 AM
I will start off with saturday i found one of those new i phones at the bank counter and turned it in. I already have a high dollar phone from wallmart for 29.95. Next last saturday i did not have the right trollling gear,so trout only pulls up hand me rod and reel with riog attached and says use this. It was a hand wrapped rod the last one his dad wrapped when he was alive. I caught 5 fish with it and gave it back. At the dock I met two nice guys and there girlfriend getting off of a rental. Did a good deed by giving them all my fish because they were skunked. Talked one of the into joining fnn and i see he joined. Welcome justin aka JCOTA.Now lets see some more good stuff to make us smile in this stressful economy.

Troutman65
11-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Thats great Chris. Thanks for making me smile this morning .:Big Grin:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Wtg on the deeds bro and promoting the site...I'll try this good deed thing out today, let's see if it pans out.......:Twisted:

trollmiester
11-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanx troutman and big game hunter. Come on everybody post any fishing good deed you have done.

troutdog
11-05-2009, 09:41 AM
I offered Patrick a trout to hold for the camera last weekend at Jess Ranch does that count? :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
11-05-2009, 09:45 AM
I offered Patrick a trout to hold for the camera last weekend at Jess Ranch does that count? :LOL:

TD

Hey, I had my own CATFISH to hold up :Razz::LOL:

troutdog
11-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Hey, I had my own CATFISH to hold up :Razz::LOL:

And Kittyman65 was born....:Envious:

TD

calico killer kevin
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I kill all big fish to protect the little guys from becoming lunch. You can call me a hero, but I'm just doing my job.:Cool:

icachum2
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
This is good, anything which helps put anglers in a good light to the general public and newbies. Maybe good karma will return the favor and MLPA will change their attention to preserving pigeon habitat.... just saying...grandurous dreams

I once gave a Diawa shiner to a kid at the Pudd who wasn't having much luck with PB. I had just C&R'ed 2 trout and 1 LMB.

I donate $ to "Kids and cops fishing" local charity, because heck, I don't want to fish with cops.

I donate alota $$ to Bass Pro Shops, does that count?

bsp
11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Not really anything specifically help another FNN'r out, but if I see a family getting the skunk at a paylake I'll always walk over and lend a hand if they want it. I'll generally talk to everybody as I walk along the shoreline, and if somebody seems like a novice I'll help out. I do that LNL the most since a lot of families show up who want to catch their first trout. There's nothing better than watching a little kid's face light up when they land their first fish ever!

What's startling though is how angry some people get with if offer help. I had one little kid talk to me after seeing that I had a limit of trout (dad didn't have his yet, so I was helping to fill it), and said that he hadn't caught anything yet. I asked if he wanted me to help out, and he said sure. As I was setting him up with a split shot rig, his dad ran over snatched the rod out of my hands, cut the rig off, tossed it into the lake, and yelled a long string of obscenities at me. :Shocked:

They got skunked, and the dad kept glaring at me the whole day. No clue why he did that. :Confused:

olfishergal
11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
at one of the last trout days this spring, met a nice family who had spent a whole bunch of money on gear, pontoon, etc. This was their first experience and they had one fish........I gave them my limit and info on FNN and T57. Nice family and they got a good dinner to boot.....OFG

Sue
11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I've given away fish to young kids before but that's about it. However, in the last couple weeks there have been certain people that have been there for me, so I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the following (and I'm not going to go into detail):

Troutdog
Olfishergal
Patrick
Castaway
Hittson
VineAssist

Also thanks to GrannyFish and Dana.

You all know why, you guys rock!

GeordyBass
11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
What's startling though is how angry some people get with if offer help. I had one little kid talk to me after seeing that I had a limit of trout (dad didn't have his yet, so I was helping to fill it), and said that he hadn't caught anything yet. I asked if he wanted me to help out, and he said sure. As I was setting him up with a split shot rig, his dad ran over snatched the rod out of my hands, cut the rig off, tossed it into the lake, and yelled a long string of obscenities at me. :Shocked:

They got skunked, and the dad kept glaring at me the whole day. No clue why he did that. :Confused:

LOL at least the dad got what he deserved, A big skunk! But sucks about the kid.... Some people are good, and that guy just plain sucks.

It's nice to see my buds doin' good deeds!:Cool:

Fire Ball
11-05-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL at least the dad got what he deserved, A big skunk! But sucks about the kid.... Some people are good, and that guy just plain sucks.

It's nice to see my buds doin' good deeds!:Cool:

Hmmm, good deeds? Like not getting really pissed off when this kid cast right over me and made a nice tangle and I had to cut my line? Like that? :ROFL:

Or how about when these 3 kids took over my spot slowly and I didn't make them leave?

GeordyBass
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Hmmm, good deeds? Like not getting really pissed off when this kid cast right over me and made a nice tangle and I had to cut my line? Like that? :ROFL:

Or how about when these 3 kids took over my spot slowly and I didn't make them leave?
don't hang out with those kids...lol

they won't pull that on me bro hahahaha....

Fire Ball
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
don't hang out with those kids...lol

they won't pull that on me bro hahahaha....

Lol, I didn't hang out with those kids. They just came over near me, cause I pwn all fish!! :ROFL: I think they just saw all the fish at my spot and wanted to fish there. I hate the n00bs with $5 combos that have no morals, lol.

I also mentioned something about a very small amount of smallies in the upper lake and the kid freaked out and denied it, lol.

GeordyBass
11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Lol, I didn't hang out with those kids. They just came over near me, cause I pwn all fish!! :ROFL: I think they just saw all the fish at my spot and wanted to fish there. I hate the n00bs with $5 combos that have no morals, lol.

I also mentioned something about a very small amount of smallies in the upper lake and the kid freaked out and denied it, lol.
He woulda freaked out with the back of my right hand leaving a mark on his face,,,:ROFL:

I've gotten some people in MDR to release illegal fish while giving them my own and a good lesson!

Me and Redhead went to mdr a few months ago and we saw 4 latino dudes who did not know absolutely anything they were doing, using spinning reels on top etc...lol... They had a bucket with 1 10" sandie, 1 7-8" johnbass and a few mackeral... long story short I told them the rules in spanish and also what to take and not to take... made them release thier illegal fish.... then gave them a few perch we got and a 15" sandbass.....told them that was legal sized,,,

Fire Ball
11-05-2009, 09:38 PM
He woulda freaked out with the back of my right hand leaving a mark on his face,,,:ROFL:

I've gotten some people in MDR to release illegal fish while giving them my own and a good lesson!

Me and Redhead went to mdr a few months ago and we saw 4 latino dudes who did not know absolutely anything they were doing, using spinning reels on top etc...lol... They had a bucket with 1 10" sandie, 1 7-8" johnbass and a few mackeral... long story short I told them the rules in spanish and also what to take and not to take... made them release thier illegal fish.... then gave them a few perch we got and a 15" sandbass.....told them that was legal sized,,,
Nice, all in Spanish? I am going to start telling people to not take illegal fish more often. The first time I told someone not to take a 10" bass was hilarious, lol.

GeordyBass
11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Nice, all in Spanish? I am going to start telling people to not take illegal fish more often. The first time I told someone not to take a 10" bass was hilarious, lol.

Yeah I'm fluent.... My parents are both from El Salvador,,, Yes most people think Me and My Dad are Armenian..... we're not....lmao,,,lol,,,

Native Gal
11-05-2009, 10:25 PM
It's all about the kids. This past summer I helped a young kid out when he was fishing the Salt with his family, their poles were too big and they had some massive weights on, wrong bait too. So I let him use my small set up to feel the bite, he was tripping when he was using my pole and was sooo excited that he kept trying to set the hook way too hard, a big difference in setting the hook from his big pole. Unfortunately after 5 mins his family made him leave and he did not catch a fish, but he was stoked about all the hits and couldn't wait to visit his Grandparents again with a smaller set up, I believe they were in Arizona. He was sooo thankful for the info it made me smile because he definitely was a future hardcore fisherman.
About a month later I was finally able to take my 9 year old nephew fishing in the Salt and he caught his first saltie ever, a lil Calico, he had a huge smile on his face when the pix was taken, I wish he lived closer I would love to take him fishing more.
Most recently, at the end of last week I had to run a letter to the nearest Post Office to be sent out that night. So it was around 7:30 at night and as I was driving in a lady leaving waved me down and asked if I had a stamp she could buy from me, the machine inside was broken. She said she had been waiting awhile for someone to show up and she had to mail a form in that was for her rent, groceries, etc. I said sure, I can give you one, and handed her a stamp while we were in our cars and said no need to pay me, but she insisted to pay for it. So she thanked me numerous times for saving her in her time of need and with a God Bless from her I was happy. It couldn't have been a better time for someone to cheer me up because I was really bummed for days, I was missing my husband alot recently, he took a job with his old company in Virginia at the beginning of July and I will join him until March Just don't have the xtra funds to fly him back for a visit. So my night was made and I haven't been down since.
Good deeds always have a way of cheering you up.
Thanks for reading ya'll
NG
:Big Grin:

Fisherman57
11-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I will start off with saturday i found one of those new i phones at the bank counter and turned it in. I already have a high dollar phone from wallmart for 29.95. Next last saturday i did not have the right trollling gear,so trout only pulls up hand me rod and reel with riog attached and says use this. It was a hand wrapped rod the last one his dad wrapped when he was alive. I caught 5 fish with it and gave it back. At the dock I met two nice guys and there girlfriend getting off of a rental. Did a good deed by giving them all my fish because they were skunked. Talked one of the into joining fnn and i see he joined. Welcome justin aka JCOTA.Now lets see some more good stuff to make us smile in this stressful economy.

Trolly,

I dropped off my "good deed" for the week at Terry's dad's house today..... make sure you get your half before you head out fishing this Saturday! :ROFL:

A couple years ago, I posted this at Easter.......

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showpost.php?p=16&postcount=1
To me, its all about "Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing".......

fishincrave
11-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah I'm fluent.... My parents are both from El Salvador,,, Yes most people think Me and My Dad are Armenian..... we're not....lmao,,,lol,,,

You should be so lucky to mistaken for an Armenian:ROFL:

fishincrave
11-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Trolly,

I dropped off my "good deed" for the week at Terry's dad's house today..... make sure you get your half before you head out fishing this Saturday! :ROFL:

A couple years ago, I posted this at Easter.......

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showpost.php?p=16&postcount=1
To me, its all about "Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing".......

I remember that post very well, brought back memories with my own Dad.

Nu_AbGatr
11-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Last Memorial Day, we had a church picnic at Craig Regional, so I brought some light gear and some bait. My kid was fishing with me, then his cousins started flocking around us asking questions and getting curious and all. Got a couple of them on my pole and in no time, they got a small gill on the line. These preschoolers were so excited and got interested in fishing all of a sudden. One particular nephew is a natural, waited patiently for the fish. :Cool: Their parents came up and thanked me for showing them a good time when the kids showed off their fish.

Now, my other nieces and nephews want to go with me on a fishing trip. Hey, if you can't infect your family, what's the use? :Wink:

GeordyBass
11-07-2009, 06:42 PM
You should be so lucky to mistaken for an Armenian:ROFL:
dude be quiet....

WARRIORMIKE
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
conducted the Ghetto Challenge Tourney through FNN. got some new member to join and met some new people too:Big Grin:

That Dang Guy
11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I kill all big fish to protect the little guys from becoming lunch. You can call me a hero, but I'm just doing my job.:Cool:

"Making the ocean safer for baitfish, one halibut at a time!" lol.

murrieta angler
11-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I try a help out in most aspects of life. I do work for my church, I help out at an orphanage in Mexico, I give to a womens shelter in Moreno Valley. BUT! The one thing that made my wife cry a few weeks back was when I was waiting for Big 5 to open and decided to head into the 99 cent store to get a drink.
As I was heading to the line with my 1 item, this young lady and her 6-9 month old girl said I could go ahead of them cause she had about 15 items, mostly food for the baby. I told her it was okay cause I was waiting for Big 5 to open in about 10 minutes. So she just smiled and proceeded to check out.
I had noticed that when she was swiping her bank card the cashier said that it was denied. The cashier tried again and said it was denied again. The young lady then said that she would have to come back later.
I looked at her and could tell she was upset. So I told the cashier to put it on my bill and then called the young girl back to the register. She started to cry, which made me cry, and said thank you cause she had no food for the baby. I then proceeded to tell her to thank the Lord, cause it was he that put her in front of me. I gave her a little cash I had in my pocket and told her that things will always work out if you believe.

God Bless All of You...