PDA

View Full Version : Flats and Wall 7/3

SeaSick17
07-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Skunked at both. Flats had nothing to offer. Metered fish like crazy but nothing was bitting. Threw everything I had at them and nothing. Went to platform Eva and bait fish everywhere but no sandies or calicos to be found. Headed to the wall and nothing there either. I hear everyone talk about how great the wall is and I have never caught anything there. Am I doing something wrong? In the wrong spots? Any help would be appreciated.
George

Ambassadorhawg
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Well, it's just past a full moon now so everything is kinda messed up. Night fishing would probably produce btter right now and this is always the case at the Wall. Fish the outside of the Wall on any night if it is calm enough to be out there and you should well.

I was on the Flats a week ago and I have never seen so many gill nets set before. This is doing some damage to the populations out there. But at night is probably the way to go out there right now also.

If you were fishing these spots at night and you still didn't catch anything, well then I guess that's why they call it "fishing" but try, try again and you will produce!

JapanRon
07-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi SeaSick17,

Dang .... sorry to hear of the skunk! Skunks are ok once you get used to them. Heck, I had a whole family of skunks living with me off and on for a couple of months recently. Little guys popped up everywhere.

JapanRon

birdman
07-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a tough day. We fished that night and it was a slow pick. We were on the slack tide. When did you fish and what were you using? How far off the wall were you? Did you anchor in the flats or drift?

SeaSick17
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I am fishing the wrong side of the wall lol We didnt drift the flats we bait but tossed tons of plastics, crank baits and even iron. Got a workout from all the casting. We fished from 2-530 Water was warm and seemed more clear than normal. Guess I will have to try again another day. Thanks