PDA

View Full Version : They stocked SFD???

Juventino
11-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Finally but i thinks its still to hot for the trout...

driven2fish
11-02-2009, 10:46 AM
might be too hot for trout...but i bet the big bass are snackin' on some tasty treats.

a big-old trout-like swimbait might produce a big bass out there right now!

Thisfool
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
i just checked the DFG website and it looks like the are stocking SFD and the Pud two weeks in a row

with the heat meaning few numbers of trout coming out of the watter that could be a set up to slay some trout as soon as the water gets the right temp

Juventino
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
yeah, its November and its still 90 degrees wtf!?
I just to catch some trout...:Sad:

Thisfool
11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
QUOTE=Juventino;403194]yeah, its November and its still 90 degrees wtf!?
I just to catch some trout...:Sad:[/QUOTE]

lol your telling me i went to corona on sunday dint get a damn one and every one around was catching:Angry::Angry::Sad::Sad::Angry::mad::mad:

Juventino
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
is trout fishing in SFD any good anyways??? i just started tubing it for bass in september. Never fished for trout there.... Any one have experience with that?

aoessand
11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
sfd is great for trout for about 3 days after stock, after that the birds and illegals fish them all out, and when i say illegal im not being racist i mean people without fishing license...

Thisfool
11-02-2009, 11:27 PM
sfd is great for trout for about 3 days after stock, after that the birds and illegals fish them all out, and when i say illegal im not being racist i mean people without fishing license...

do you think that is the case even with the heat and being stocked 2 weeks in a row

jerryG
11-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Pud already got some trout it's probably ready for another load but this should be the first trout stock of the winter/ spring season for Santa Fe. Hopefully their will be more to come I don't know they seemed to really scale back on their catfish stocks this past summer. At the local lakes your best bet at trout is to be there when the truck pulls up. There are locals who know and follow the stocks they will be there waiting to catch all the trout as soon as they put the fish in to the lake. Birds also put a hurt on the trout. The first hour or two following the plant is good but beyond that the trout fishing generally is tough.

JerryG

Git R Done
11-03-2009, 01:23 AM
trout fishing is usually good but I wouldnt eat anything frm that lake. Try following the old timers after they stock. Otherwise fish near by where the lake gets filled if its on, the point is always good, or the very back of the lake. Good luck

smokehound
11-03-2009, 03:39 PM
sfd is great for trout for about 3 days after stock, after that the birds and illegals fish them all out, and when i say illegal im not being racist i mean people without fishing license...what's racist about not liking illegal aliens?

Hell, we commit genocide when a population of trout isnt pure!

You may be afraid to say it, but I'm not. They come in huge numbers, ignore the law, take gross overlimits, and use illegal, damaging fishing methods..

aoessand
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
afraid to say it, nah i just didnt wanna listen to any bs. and to the other guy who says dont eat the fish from there thats BS too, my whole family has eaten those trout/catfish from there at least my whole life, 26 years +. damn ppl like that piss me off with their high and mighty dont eat fish from there **** if you dont wanna eat it dont F'n hunt/fish it imo!

hbomb
11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up, since its in my back yard, gonna try to hit sfd this week. Thanks :Cool:

aoessand
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
ya its about 10 minute drive for me prolly head there this week sometime

Juventino
11-03-2009, 08:06 PM
yeah im prob gonna tube it during the week say hi if u see someone in a yellow tube

TonyLisa
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
whats up juventino i been fishing sfd everyday i live 5 min away from there. The trout bite has been slow all over the lake i tried all the spots the best spot to fish is infront of the waterfall when its flowing , it sucks when its off. but when its on everyone is there fishing the spot so it would be a great idea if you tube it infront were the shore fishernan cant get to

Juventino
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
whats up juventino i been fishing sfd everyday i live 5 min away from there. The trout bite has been slow all over the lake i tried all the spots the best spot to fish is infront of the waterfall when its flowing , it sucks when its off. but when its on everyone is there fishing the spot so it would be a great idea if you tube it infront were the shore fishernan cant get to

hmmm that doesnt sound very promising maybe ill give it a try anyways.