PDA

View Full Version : Worms at Castaic

basscat
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Since we don't have a shad net and wanted to take some kids on a rental this week, I was wondering if the bass can be taken on live worms?

Would the stripers go after the worms also? Although, the primary target is to catch and release the bass. :Razz:

If not worms, is there another type of live bait to use?

LunkerLover
11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes sir, bass CAN be taken on live worms. I'd go with LARGE nightcrawlers, with a small slip shot about a foot above the worm. Find the bass first though - NO blind casting! However - if you're going for LIVE presentation ... try some crawdads!!

Myself? If you're looking for a worm presentation ... I'd go with texas-rigged and dropshotted plastic worms, though. Just my 2-cents.....

Fire Ball
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Try and drop shot a plastic Roboworm. I would recommend the Lagoon if you want to catch LMB. I caught 4 last week on the drop shot that were decent size, but 2 days ago I caught 5 small LMB on the upper lake. All of them were caught on the drop shot. The ones I caught on the Lagoon were a lot better size, plus you can fish from shore and save money!

JimmyFSU
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
ya, i caught some good sized stripers and bass and a 4lb catfish (on a fluke) with night crawlers. that's my bait of choice when i go bait and wait or crawdads. but i do recommend drop shoting, Ive caught a lot of bass with that rig. i don't use roboworms. I'd tell ya what i use but then i would have to kill ya. ha ha

try some shrimp and see how that goes too. try some diffrent things. i think you can have two or three hooks on your line. so use a worm and a shrimp and see what happens.

Owner626
11-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Shad is the best way to go. Second you can throw a mini flukes. pear white is the key. size depends on the shad swimming around.you can also throw nightcrawlers if you are not that experienced with plastics.
texas rig senkos. Drop shot a 7' Robo Worm. light purple/clear works best. try diff depths.
Good luck.

Fire Ball
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Shad is the best way to go. Second you can throw a mini flukes. pear white is the key. size depends on the shad swimming around.you can also throw nightcrawlers if you are not that experienced with plastics.
texas rig senkos. Drop shot a 7' Robo Worm. light purple/clear works best. try diff depths.
Good luck.

I picked up some baby bass color Zoom Flukes today. I plan on drop shotting them. Will the peal color really work? It didn't look good to me.