PDA

View Full Version : Corona Report 11/1....Limits!

flopps1
11-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Here's how it went down....Detailed report!

Showed up to the lake round 5:30. It was cooler then I thought it would be. Car showing temps of 57 degrees. Good sign! Had 10 or so cars ahead of me and by the time the gates opened another 7 or so cars behind.

There were 4 of us, so we opted to get a pontoon. Two of guys were new to the lake and trout fishing general. Gave them some pointers while signing out for the pontoon and we're off to the spot. We kind of partnered up. Two in the back and two in front. Two shared stringers.

It's round 6:30 by the time we're anchored up. We had one rental in our area and I did notice that fish were feeding off the surface. It was active!!! While rigging the newbies, I notice the rental next to us hooks up. Sweet! Another good sign!!!!

So, by the time we're all rigged up and done BS'n it's 7:15 or so. Then all of the sudden newbie gets hooked up!!! Nothing like seeing a new guy get hooked and seeing the reaction on there face. Classic! By the time it was 8:30 we all had one fish landed. Which was nice. SKUNK'S off the this boat!!!! The rest is all gravy!

Bout 8:45 the hook-ups were getting more consistent. We had a good run! Seemed like we always had one fish on. Back to back fish and even double hook-ups. At times we weren't even trying to fish and BAM...HOOK-UP!!!! One of those days!

By the time the dust settled, it was 10 or so. We were just 3 shy of limiting out. We probaly farmed 5 fish during that run. Highlight for me was a toad talapia. I mean a friggin TOAD! So, we head back for restroom breaks and snacks. Went back out, chilled, BS'ed some more. No pressure at this point. Wasn't really fishing hard just relaxing but managed to get full limits by 1. Go figure? Fish were even biting in the heat!

Rapped up the gear and headed back for weigh in. Between the two stringers. We had a total of 37 lbs of fish. Mine and another buddy came in at 21 and the other two guys came in at 16. Nice!!!!! Toad Tapilia wieghs in at 3 lbs! Lake record is 3 1/2. So friggin close. Fished the same spot all day. Dozen or so boats out and shoreline had a good crowd. GOOD TIMES and GOOD FISHING! Heat or not it's was GAME ON!

Only took pics of the heavier stringer. Had my buddy put his sz. 11 shoe next to the talapia to give you guys an idea of the size. Also, jackpot fish was a 4 to 5 pound tailwalker. Enjoy the pics and hope this helps!

Gear:

All SHIMANO! Anything with green worked. Used all lures with a few nightcrawlers on 4#. No dough baits today.

samgann93
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
thanks for the report. ill be there tomorrow.

troutman27
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Damn that is a big tilapia.....I need to take the tube out there.

sevenout
11-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the obligatory gang sign. Only in So. Cal.

Troutman65
11-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Sounds like it was just one of those great days to be out trout fishing. Congrats on the trout. Thanks for posting up .:Cool:

Liteliner
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Nice job man. That really is a pig tilapia. Congrats on the limits.

Thisfool
11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
congrats on the slayage.

what baits where you guys using

bullets_full
11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!:OMG!::Worship:

That is one nice Talapia. That's enough to get me out there this coming weekend! Nice work fellas!

_Bullets

Fisherman57
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
AWESOME!

I know there's some big Tilapia in there....... and thats a HUGE one!..... Congrats!

AL JUNIOR
11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice job. Can't wait to go. Kid will be out of school soon for Thanksgiving break and we are going to hit up either corona or silverwood.

CASTAWAY
11-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Nice catch and great report...