PDA

View Full Version : 11-1-09 =(

Thisfool
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
:Crying:

went to corona this morning and

well I got the skunk

got there at 15 tell 6 and I was about the 20th car in line. hit the store for some NC. then me and my friend headed over near the boat launch area near the damn.

I set up my buddy with a treble hook on a 24inc 4lb floro leader with some twist power bait and I was throwing a z-spoon (the bright orange)

after about and hour and a half and seeing a guy about 30 feet down shore from us pull in two 2-3lbs rainbows I asked what he was doing and well he had the same set up as what I set up my friends rod except he was only running 12-13in leader so I set my buddy up with that. I then switched up to a split shot trout worm and tried working that.

After about 25min my buddy hooks into a 2.5lb rainbow who had a lot of fight in him, I still had no luck with the worms by this time I had use the orange and chartreuse lip ripperz worm.

another 2 hours went buy and I went throw pink/white and Casper white trout worms my friend landed another rainbow on the power bait.

we went the next 3 hours witch ended out our day with nothing ells.

I did how ever also try working the trout worm wacky rigged and also the min jigs I dint really cover much shore line cuz the shore line was kind of packed and the people ten feet our left caught a few and the people ten feet the our right caught a few and so were the people on the sides of those people.

so im no pro but it looked like to me you need to have the perfect leader length and hit the fish on the head with the bait

I seen at least 15-20 trout caught from shore and they were all on some kind of power bait rig and I seen at least 10 caught by the 2 boats in front of us and it seems like the were bait and waiting also. the two float tube guys each had a nice stringer but no idea what exactly they were using and they also went a bit of a way away from where we were fishing.

Id like to thank Giterdone for his help and the beer and bait looking forward to having another drink with you bro and hopefully I catch something this time to

samgann93
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
well getting out there was good. just gotta keep trying. those lip ripperz willl pay off once you learn how to fish them. it sux when its crowded too. how far off shore were the tubers fishing?

Thisfool
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
you know i really dint see those guys to much the kinda hung around just out of casting distance from the shore for just a bit and then i only seen them when they came back in for a brake

Git R Done
11-03-2009, 01:18 AM
What up man. Bad break on the skunk. I ended up staying for the evening too. Caught 10. All were on the rig I showed you. Better luck next time. I should be out there for the 24hr this weekend. I got the trout itch now...well take care