PDA

View Full Version : Lb butt-n-bug 10/31

HESBROS
11-01-2009, 02:51 AM
The bro and I decided on a last minute hoop trip in LB Sat so we launched the boat at South Shores at 1530. Since it was early we decided to hit up one of our local Hali Spots. We had no live bait so it was Swimbaits and Drop Shotting.

I was doing the D/S thing and on my second cast, bam, stopped my bait dead in its tracks. I was using my Blackmax with 10LB and it was screaming drag. After about a 15 minute (maybe more) battle this came up.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1840.jpg

Just a bit over 23Lbs.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1841.jpg

That wa all we got as far as butts go. We hooped until 0130 for one legal and one short.

Late
Eddie

paintsn
11-01-2009, 05:07 AM
holy moly.. that thing is huge!! wonder how big was it?? i remember when i had one that took me over 15min.. and that was only a 34 inch..

man i havent had any legals this year.. but with your catch..im feeling the inspiration.. thanks for the post eddie!!

respectfully,
vanz

smokehound
11-01-2009, 05:38 AM
NICE.

Man thats a nice Calibut!

PESCADOS.LOCOS
11-01-2009, 06:51 AM
WOW thats a nice looking Hali! Made me hungry instantly.:Big Grin:

klocked
11-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Nice Hali Eddie!!

TShaffer
11-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Nice hali and on the Black Max! I love that reel!

Jaysuuun
11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Eddie, that is a HUGE butt! :Shocked: Nice job landing that guy on light tackle. It's been awhile since I've hit up NPH. Let me know when you've got the itch to go spottie hunting. :Big Grin:

Tess, said "That poor hali! Why didn't Eddie use a boga grip?" :ROFL:

Tesserz
11-01-2009, 12:40 PM

Jason is SUCH a liar, I didn't say that!! :mad:

He's just mad cauz he STILL hasn't caught one. Boohoo for him. :Wink:

ANYWAY, congratz on the legal, that thing is GI-NORMOUS!!!!! :Razz:

When are we gonna get that text/call to come out with you?? Don't you miss us?? :Bawling:

klocked
11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Gi-normous is right! That ice chest is huge("in the way" size huge:LOL:) and that hali's tail is going up the side. What did it tape out at Eddie?

HESBROS
11-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Eddie, that is a HUGE butt! :Shocked: Nice job landing that guy on light tackle. It's been awhile since I've hit up NPH. Let me know when you've got the itch to go spottie hunting. :Big Grin:

Well lets hit up NPH soon. I was gonna use my little folda net but he would not fit!

HESBROS
11-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Jason is SUCH a liar, I didn't say that!! :mad:

He's just mad cauz he STILL hasn't caught one. Boohoo for him. :Wink:

ANYWAY, congratz on the legal, that thing is GI-NORMOUS!!!!! :Razz:

When are we gonna get that text/call to come out with you?? Don't you miss us?? :Bawling:

Lets make some plans, we can go fish during the day and do some hooping in the evening. Of course I miss you, and NPH!

HESBROS
11-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Gi-normous is right! That ice chest is huge("in the way" size huge:LOL:) and that hali's tail is going up the side. What did it tape out at Eddie?

John, we did not put it to the tape, I would say 40-46 inches. The picture of me holding it does not do justice. It was a blast on the the light tackle. When Rich went to gaff it, he said "we got one shot at this" and then I realized ow right he was, once that bad boy was pissed that was going to be the end. Then he just laid out flat as could be.

flyngby
11-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just a matter of time before a Big Flattie was brought aboard the HESBROS in an other wise slow year!!!!!!:Big Grin:

I regret not accepting your offer yesterday to join you but only due to the fact that I did not get the opportunity to watch the battle!!! Awesome job on the light gear!!!!!!:Envious:

I bet Bass Widow is happy also.:Romance::High Five:

I can attest to its size as my smaller model last year was flat in that Big Ol Ice Chest!!

Steve

Native Gal
11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
That is one SWWEEEET Hali, Congrats!
:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

NG
:Big Grin:

hbomb
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice work on the hali....:Cool:

Wingnut
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Beautiful Flattie Eddie!!! Yummy! :Envious: We caught a few half that size today... :LOL:

ldsaylor
11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Thats a great looking fish!! I'm hungry..