PDA

View Full Version : Clark Catfish

troutman27
10-31-2009, 07:58 PM
-Decided to hit up Clark Park on 10/30.
-Arrived at the lake around 5-530pm.
-Was using Catmando, flylining, on 2lb line.
-Had several hits, but was unable to hook them.
-Around 8pm I received a huge hit.
-I forgot my net, so I had to wear the sucka out.
-Finally, after what seemed like a good 10 minutes, I was able to land a decent size catfish.
-The scale read 4.2 pounds.
-I cooked it up that night.
-That is my story
-The End
(Have a safe Halloween)

TM27

(I apologize for the poor photo quality, they were taken with my cell phone)

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss34/nsutherland/Mobile%20Uploads/1030092038a.jpg
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss34/nsutherland/Mobile%20Uploads/1030092107.jpg

driven2fish
10-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice catch!!!! I was really stoked to see a report from Clark Park. That was my old stompin' grounds back in the day...many a cats were caught out there. Maybe I just haven't paid attention, but I don't remember dfg putting any cat stockings in there lately? I could be wrong. Last I remember, it got really shallow there. How deep would you say it was? Any other people fishing? Bass action? Wonder if they stock trout in there in the winters? I know tri-city will get a load or two, as will laguna lake. Sorry for all the questions...ole clark park has got me spinnin'! I love that spot.

Never mind though, that CAT you caught was old!!! That sucker was stocked years and years ago if I had to guess. BIG!!!! Crafty. You tricked'em good!

Again, great catch! How did ya cook it? How was the taste? Must have been a nice big spread.

CLARK PARK!!!! WOW, COOL DUDE. We would ride our bmx bikes through there, up to the the jump at gilman park. Or climb the wall and skate the "wave" back in clark park.

THATS IT. I"M HEADED OUT THERE SOON!

TShaffer
10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice job at Clark Park man! Tough place to fish.

smokehound
11-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Cool! Thats a nice kitty!

troutman27
11-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice catch!!!! I was really stoked to see a report from Clark Park. That was my old stompin' grounds back in the day...many a cats were caught out there. Maybe I just haven't paid attention, but I don't remember dfg putting any cat stockings in there lately? I could be wrong. Last I remember, it got really shallow there. How deep would you say it was? Any other people fishing? Bass action? Wonder if they stock trout in there in the winters? I know tri-city will get a load or two, as will laguna lake. Sorry for all the questions...ole clark park has got me spinnin'! I love that spot.

Never mind though, that CAT you caught was old!!! That sucker was stocked years and years ago if I had to guess. BIG!!!! Crafty. You tricked'em good!

Again, great catch! How did ya cook it? How was the taste? Must have been a nice big spread.

CLARK PARK!!!! WOW, COOL DUDE. We would ride our bmx bikes through there, up to the the jump at gilman park. Or climb the wall and skate the "wave" back in clark park.

THATS IT. I"M HEADED OUT THERE SOON!

-Thanks for the replies....the DFG just stocked this lake, so it most likely was a fresh cat. -There were probably 8-10 other fishermen.
-I hope they stock it with trout....always fun to catch trout on the fly at that place.
-Yeah there are bass....very difficult to catch, that's all I've got to say publicly on that matter.
-As far as cooking, I dipped the fillets in egg yolk, rolled it around in flour, sprinkled it with salt, pepper, onion flakes, and fried it up. I poured some beer into the egg yolk as well. I thought it tasted pretty good.

gavin310
11-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Man... catfishing on 2lb. test... you're a brave man :) those suckers like to take you into snags.

HEMAN
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
how did you cook it up? i've been trying to find a good catfish filet recipe

troutman27
11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
As far as cooking, I dipped the fillets in egg yolk, rolled it around in flour, sprinkled it with salt, pepper, onion flakes, and fried it up. I poured some beer into the egg yolk as well. I thought it tasted pretty good.