PDA

View Full Version : 7/3-7/4 Sunset Beach - successful Grunion run!

jplee3
07-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Got to Sunset around 11:30pm. No sign of the grunion for a while. People were shining 1000x candle power lights straight into the breaking waves and further down by Bolsa people were setting off fireworks over the water :evil: After about half an hour to an hour, once the noisy people shining their lights and setting off fireworks stopped doing both, the grunion started beaching in small numbers. Then more and more. It wasn't a CRAZY run (i.e. grunion covering every square inch) but it was still pretty good. Threw out my aurora black LCFM (closest to grunion colors I have) but didn't get bit. I did gill-snag a grunion though after the first cast! Otherwise, lots and lots of birds nests... brought a group of my friends and for most of them it was their first time. I think they had a blast :D

SanDimasLMB
07-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I would have personally fly-linned a grunion at a part of the beach where there was no grunion to give it the imitation of a lost grunion.

jplee3
07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
I would have personally fly-linned a grunion at a part of the beach where there was no grunion to give it the imitation of a lost grunion.

I wasn't primarily there for fishing... but if I were, I probably would have spent more time fishing rather than hanging out with my buddies.

kissthecrook
07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
good on finding the gruns! :D