PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood and The Pudd

abbfanuc
10-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Hit up Silverwood in the morning and The Pudd late afternoon

Got to the Silverwood marina area around 7am. The area between the beach and the boat docks. Tried some PB worm on my spinning rod with no luck so i decided to try out my new fly rod. That thing is gonna take some time to get used to. Stayed in the area for about an hour then moved to the boat launch area.

Decided to throw PB worms on c-rig with water bubble float. After about the second cast I started to get hit left and right. Released all except for two of the bigger models. They both measured over 12”. Decided to call it a day at 11am and went home.

I still felt like fishing so I decided to go to The Pudd around 3pm. Got to the boat launch area and fished to the right of it along the tree lines. Used the same setup from Silverwood. The trout were not biting as much as Silverwood and were not as big. I guess they were not biting as much since they just stocked the night before. I only stayed for 2 hours and kept 3 of them.

Sorry no pics since I forgot my camera both times.

basscatcher
10-31-2009, 02:26 PM
were they at the boat luanch of sailboat cove or the one at north shore?

God Bless

basscatcher

Natural Lefty
10-31-2009, 02:48 PM
I think it would be difficult to use a flyrod at Silverwood, as windy as it is there.

abbfanuc
10-31-2009, 03:12 PM
basscatcher- this was at northshore

NL- it was actually not windy there. it was a beautiful morning and the sun was out.

old pudd fisher
10-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Sounds like you had a successful fishing experience this week good for you. I was at the pudd Friday afternoon because a heard it was to be stocked this week but had no luck. All I used was spinners and trout lures and might have been in the wrong location. I think they get eaten by bass or get caught before they venture to far.

abbfanuc
11-01-2009, 09:39 AM
OPF- Where area did you fish and what time where you there around? I met a guy named Ralph and he was successful with using the small spinners like Panther Martins. He actually hooked up more times than me with my water bubble setup. They may have moved around by now. Another guy who was on boat told me he could see them near the wall close to the dam. They were active but not chasing lures.

old pudd fisher
11-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I was on the east shore and the sail boat cove, Friday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.

aoessand
11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
is it free to fish puddingstone m-f now?

basscatcher
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
is it free to fish puddingstone m-f now?

yes it is i was there today with my pops and saw a guy pull a nice trout on a spinner of some sort.

God Bless

basscatcher

troutman27
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Good job sir

I remember fishing for trout at the pudd when I had a long break in between classes at Mt. Sac.

I've been meaning to float tube the coves with the flyrod.

dbangler83
11-01-2009, 11:50 PM
The Pudd is one of my favorite lakes to fish. I usually hit it up for LMB. But I do squeeze in the trout sessions during the winter season. I do pretty good with mini tube jigs, lip ripperz and clear bobber with flys or artificial crickets or real.

The trout usually make their rounds around the lake in schools. Mostly likely running from those monster female bass. LOL.

Tight Lines.

old pudd fisher
11-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know what part of the pudd stock or does it even matter ?

basscatcher
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know what part of the pudd stock or does it even matter ?

every year its different last year they stocked them from mainly sailboat cove this year they seem like they are stocking them for the norht shore but when i was there sat i was getting alot of hits along that spot i tolf you about the bluegill OPF. they must be stacked up there and the high pier.

God BLess

basscatcher

old pudd fisher
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks basscatcher, I just wonder how far they swim from the stocking place. Or if they just stay in the same area ?