PDA

View Full Version : unethical?

taksx
10-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Is there something unethical about using trout spinners at the local lakes? I'm new to fishing and normally put some P.B on one rod and use the other to cast some spinners. I notice I'm the only one doing this. I know its early to catch trout, but when the weather is good for trout is everyone just doing P.B and worms.

Thanks, Eddie

Koshaw
10-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Howdy Eddie.

As long as you obey the lake rules (different lakes have different rules) and/or have a 2 pole license there is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

I often either put two different baits on 2 poles or have one be bait and wait and the other a lure of some type on there.

Tight Lines!

Chuck

cutbait
10-31-2009, 11:42 AM
If lake allows and you have 2 pole stamp, then heck yes do it. There is a law though about distance from rods so you should check into that.

The reason noone else is doing it is because they are lazy

jim532
10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
nothing unethical about using artificial lures. You're a better fisherman than those using bait if your can produce using spinners, spoons or any other lure

LunkerLover
11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
The reason noone else is doing it is because they are lazy

100% agreed!

fishmounter
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
If you have the room and are not crowding your neighbors, put on a tiny trout jig and small bobber on 1 rod and be casting a spinner or other lure with another rod. The bobber thing works great if there is just a slight breeze so it will give a little action to the jig hanging under that bouncing bobber. Just keep an eye on it and if the bobber is gone, drop your spinning rod and set the hook on the jig rod! I've done this and it works good at our SoCal lakes, but this is not a relaxing way of fishing, but that's what TV and books are for.

taksx
11-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Guy's I feel better about it now that I've read Your comments.
I'm going to go back to SARL next weekend and try my luck again, Just wish the cool weather would get here all ready. :LOL:

Eddie