PDA

View Full Version : AT&T VS. Verizon

DccFISHerMan
10-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I currently have verizon but am thinking about switching to AT&T so i can get an i phone. Anyone have The I phone, hows the service and internet on that thing?

KaliDawgFan
10-28-2009, 07:29 PM
You'll be good with the iPhone in the socal area.

samgann93
10-28-2009, 09:15 PM
i have at&t. ive had no problems. theres a couple bad areas where i will drop a call every once in a while but overall pretty good.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
t*mobile thats where its at bro, never drop calls and easy to sign...

mickeysindahouse
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
t*mobile thats where its at bro, never drop calls and easy to sign...
I love especially how phone calls on T•Mobile can take 20-30 seconds of silence before you're connected with the other caller. I HATE calling people on T•Mobile for this reason...

Simplyeman
10-28-2009, 10:32 PM
no matter the phone...verizon wireless for life! I phone is a luxury =)

Troutman65
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Sprint !!:!!!::!!!::!!!:

IncredibleHuck
10-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I've been with verizon since the air-touch days...

It works every I fish, from down here in the local mountains, to the sierras, and even in alaska I was the only one getting service.

I don't know when your service is up, but coming up next month towards the end, the new Motorola Droid comes out on Verizon.... it's gonna be one kick *** phone!

Also a buddy of mine who works for Verizon said they are still in talks with apple to set up an i phone on their network still, as the ATT contract is running out....

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-29-2009, 01:53 AM
I love especially how phone calls on T•Mobile can take 20-30 seconds of silence before you're connected with the other caller. I HATE calling people on T•Mobile for this reason...

Get a g1..there great for everything...I never had that problem..tm65 I think t*mobile is gonna buyout sprint...

2quikmotorwerks
10-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Get a g1..there great for everything...I never had that problem..tm65 I think t*mobile is gonna buyout sprint...i hope not tmobile sucks

Troutman65
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
i hope not tmobile sucks

I hope thats not true either . Yikes !!!

muskyman
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Get AT&T and buy the Iphone from me ! I work for them :)

Nessie Hunter
10-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Get AT&T and buy the Iphone from me ! I work for them :)

I will second this !!!!

I got my AT&T Cell from Dave.. Best deal in town..
Great service for last 2 yrs.. And I live in the Boondocks....

When I was trucking (97 - 03), I also had AT&T.. I always had service when others didnt.
AT&T Cell Service ROCKS!!!!

Otherwise Verizon is taking over the world!!!!!
Getting FIOS internet & TV, installed today. 15 Mb!!!!

:Guns: :Finger: :Finger: To Charter Cable (TV & Internet)...

Simplyeman
10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I will second this !!!!

:Guns: :Finger: :Finger: To Charter Cable (TV & Internet)...

:Finger: charter is correct. Worst service and even worse customer service. the internet connectivity is by far the biggest problem with charter, drives me nuts.

billstoudt
10-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Ok i feel compelled to put in my 2 cents.. as some of you may know i am an iphone application developer. i own 3 iphones all on one contract so that i can test the applications i build.

that being said i live in corona and i am unable to leave verizon because i have found lots of holes in the service in corona one happens to be about 100 yards around my house.

As for customer service ATT is terrible they are closed on sundays (WTF even the gas company is open on sundays) :mad:
the phone is not insurable. and if any and i mean ANY problems come up ATT will blame you and tell you to take it to an apple store where they will also blame you and charge you 200 dollars to fix it or 200 dollars to buy a replacement.

Verizon for what its worth has crummy phones but fantastic service the customer service is a little better (at least its 24/7 )

one of my clients is disney and their lot in glendale is about a square mile of urban/industrial glendale. only VZ phones have any service there . when i called ATT they told me that there are plenty of towers in that area and that their system says that i should have service so it was probably a phone issue when i told him to look at my account with the 3 iphones and that NONE of them were able to keep a call for more than 30 seconds he told me that it must be the building i was in ( i was in the parking lot ) this was the same BS that i got from them about my house.

bottom line is this.. the iphone is a fantastic piece of hardware and you wont regret buying it unless you are unlucky enough to want to use it on the go or if you live or work in a place that is an ATT hole. my recommendation is to buy one and make sure you can return it and take to all the places you plan on using it if it works then your golden.

The Angler
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
I got an iphone and att. the last year the service has been great. The only problems I ever have with service is when I JB my iphone and something goes screwy. The iphone is such a great Phone I use it for everything. Listening to music at work Watch movies on long road trips, GPS, name it theres Probably an app for it.:Cool:

Plus you get a 1 year replacement warrenty if you ever break it . just take it into a apple store they'll check it out and if its not damaged due to water you'll get a free replacement

billstoudt
10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
just a small additional props to verizon i have carried contiunous bussiness calls from san diego to santa barbara and from corona to vegas the phone got really hot ( i was on hands free ) but i didnt drop a call once.

also in regards to the 1 year replacement one of my phones started nagging me about some hardware not being compatible with the phone over and over so i took it to the apple store ( the phone was 2 months old ) they told me that at some point i hooked up a non apple sanctioned piece of hardware and it bent the pins inside the phone(this was not true). at any rate they blamed me and refused to help me.

ThemBastards
10-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Dude the Droid comes out soon, only $200 with contract I think. $559 without ouch.

http://gizmodo.com/5391825/motorola-droid-first-hands-on-its-a-terminator

BassLady
11-03-2009, 11:36 PM
i love my verizon, its the bees knees. Thier phones dont hold up forever but really i put them through alot. I have a bad habit of droping and throwing phones. :Embarrassed:

Ive never had a prob with service. Ill driving from blythe to riverside with out droping a call. Ill even drive from San Diego to riverside still without droping a call. Verizon has been a life saver. I have to do a tremendous amount of driving for my job and my car isnt in great shape. I have about 230,000 miles on it and ill drive 400 miles a week for work alone. Ive have had my fair share of breakdowns. Ive always been fortunate that Ive have serivice when I have broken down. Thank you verizon. the only place ive ever droped calls is on the 241 toll roads going through the hills between corona and irvine/tustin

The other reason why i like verizon is because it saves me a hell of alot of money. I am a girl and therefore i am a texting fiend. Verizon with thier whole IN thing is awesome. Free calls and texts to anybody on verizon; plus i get to pick 5 more people on anynetwork to have unlimited calling to, I love it. I spend alot of time on the phone for my work as well, I used to always go over mins on other plans but ive been able to stay within my means with verizon

DccFISHerMan
11-04-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah i have decided to stay with verizon and get the droid, looks like a pretty bad *** phone, i have had verizon for about 6 years and cant complain about the service so y switch now!!!

Sue
11-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok i feel compelled to put in my 2 cents.. as some of you may know i am an iphone application developer. i own 3 iphones all on one contract so that i can test the applications i build.

that being said i live in corona and i am unable to leave verizon because i have found lots of holes in the service in corona one happens to be about 100 yards around my house.

As for customer service ATT is terrible they are closed on sundays (WTF even the gas company is open on sundays) :mad:
the phone is not insurable. and if any and i mean ANY problems come up ATT will blame you and tell you to take it to an apple store where they will also blame you and charge you 200 dollars to fix it or 200 dollars to buy a replacement.

Verizon for what its worth has crummy phones but fantastic service the customer service is a little better (at least its 24/7 )

one of my clients is disney and their lot in glendale is about a square mile of urban/industrial glendale. only VZ phones have any service there . when i called ATT they told me that there are plenty of towers in that area and that their system says that i should have service so it was probably a phone issue when i told him to look at my account with the 3 iphones and that NONE of them were able to keep a call for more than 30 seconds he told me that it must be the building i was in ( i was in the parking lot ) this was the same BS that i got from them about my house.

bottom line is this.. the iphone is a fantastic piece of hardware and you wont regret buying it unless you are unlucky enough to want to use it on the go or if you live or work in a place that is an ATT hole. my recommendation is to buy one and make sure you can return it and take to all the places you plan on using it if it works then your golden.

I write for JAMM (http://www.justanothermobilemonday.com) - if you evern want an app reviewing let me know

Cangler
11-04-2009, 02:44 PM
AT&T sue Verizon !

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/blog.aspx?post=1352864&_blg=1,1352864

jumpman
01-26-2010, 10:41 PM
yeah i have decided to stay with verizon and get the droid, looks like a pretty bad *** phone, i have had verizon for about 6 years and cant complain about the service so y switch now!!!

did you end up getting the droid? i love mine i just got it last month, FNN needs a app for it now!!!

GeordyBass
01-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I Have Sprint and.....

Dropped Calls, Loses signal for no reason.... Phones Suck.... I already went through 2 Palms, my dad 3 lg phones....

Otherwise, internet is faster than verizon....for what it's worth lol....

I'd Stick to Verizon or ATT.... Maybe T mobile, but idk about that one lol....

Oh yeah... For Me and My pop's phones, were suppose to be getting billed about $160( Plan is $100+$20 internet and $14 insurance)... But it's always over $240... pisses my dad off! lol....

WARRIORMIKE
01-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Every cell phone company has issues !

fisherman from long beach
01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
my girl works for att,and says verizon has the better service.but we use sprint go figure.

Agro
01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Just FYI guys, Apple has a "Big Annoucement" today they said, so stay tuned. Maybe a new iphone being released, or possiibly a partnership with Verizon??? Guess we'll find out shortly....

REEL EZ
01-27-2010, 09:34 AM
I have had Verizon forever, they are not perfect but it works for me. Lately Metro PCS has quite the advertising campaign (Tech Talk) selling their unlimited talk,text web, for $40.00 per month. Anybody here familiar with this provider???

Juventino
01-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Just FYI guys, Apple has a "Big Annoucement" today they said, so stay tuned. Maybe a new iphone being released, or possiibly a partnership with Verizon??? Guess we'll find out shortly....

I thinks its about their Macbook tablet cuz its already supposed to have been out. They may be talking about a release date.

Agro
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I thinks its about their Macbook tablet cuz its already supposed to have been out. They may be talking about a release date.

Yep, the ipad. More of an iphone, less of a tablet PC.

Their stock is tanking. All the hype for nothing....damn.

lalo56
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I have att and no issues with it. I get a discount so i will not go else where.

marzocchi
01-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Hold off until summer. New iphone is coming. If you spent at least 100 a month on your phone bill, you will get the discounted iphone as an early adopter when the new iphone comes out or else you gotta pay the higher discount replacement price.

Verizon is said to get the iphone this year too. That is why ATT is having the price war that was just introduced to keep people from going to Verizon. ATT is actually cheaper if you get the unlimited plan for the iphone. $100 a month for unlimited on the iphone. My ATT phone bill was $300 for January(dec) and for Febuary(jan) it was $400. I upgraded to the unlimited and they reverse my phone bill to look like I had the unlimited plan for Jan and Feb and credited my account. How is that for customer service. I had ATT/PACBELL for over 12 years I believe. I like the way they kiss my butt to retain me.

WaterBound
01-27-2010, 06:23 PM
For what it is worth I have used AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. I now live in boonies in Riverside County, but still travel all over Cali. Without a DOUBT, Verizon is TOP DOG. Honestly this is really going to depend on your area. I was once at a MPK city council meeting where AT&T was so desperate to set up a tower they were willing to pay for lost retail revenue from a main street business. They were literally begging for this site because they OPENLY admitted they had inferior service in that area. They are really behind in their network.

A primary reason I stay with Verizon is because the LA County Sheriffs Department uses Verizon service because it has the most RELIABLE service for 911 calls. If you want TO LIVE and GET HELP when you need it, get Verizon. It is a sad truth, but inside the LA County Sheriffs everyone makes fun of all of the other providers and all the idiots who claim to have better service. The proof is in the emergency calls which come from a diverse group of carriers.

sansou
01-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I have Verizon for business and 1 family account. Can't complain too much about it, except I never seem to get the good $ deals everyone else boasts about for the "all you can eat" accounts.

However....

My wife has a company issued phone and it is AT&T, because for some reason AT&T is the only provider that gets a signal through the "faraday cage" type radio wave suppresors that surround her when she's in the fab. Go figure. (GSM v. CDMA?)

Likewise, I note that AT&T seems to get better coverage and signal in baja and mainland mexico. My verizon signal is spotty at best even though I bought the international call package for security sake.

Wingnut
01-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Cellular phones are evil...

muskyman
01-29-2010, 05:12 AM
I agree they are evil ...............but they pay the visits to cabelas for me !

Wingnut
01-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Ha ha, you and me both... :LOL:

smokehound
01-30-2010, 07:46 AM
We should pass a new law that makes outsourcing jobs a felony.

KaliDawgFan
01-30-2010, 08:48 AM
The iPhone is a darn good phone, but AT&T is not the greatest. I just spoke with a couple of Verizon reps earlier in the week at work, and they said that they will definately be getting the iPhone. And that it will have 4G.

calico killer kevin
01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
As of now, I have the LG enV Touch for Verizon. Great phone, great service, great signal. Have never dropped a call, get my butt kissed all the time, and have not had any touch screen issues. Had the Samsung Glyde and boy did that pphone piss me off. Let it in my backpack while surfing and the tide came up. Verizon switched me to the enV for $60 plus kickbutt headphones, bluetooth, and internet.

AT&T sucked for me. Dropped calls, never helpful employees, but decent phones. There's a spot in my house that eats up AT&T signal. Seriously like a 4'x4' square that does not like AT&T. Never had a problem with Verizon. My dad drops a lot of calls with his iPhone.

Can't wait for the Verizon iPhone.