PDA

View Full Version : need help catching trouts at SARL

sreykmao562
10-28-2009, 02:07 PM
i went there twice once on the trout opening day about 2 weeks ago and than again this past weekend...both time i got skunk...always get there early and pretty much fish all over the place...what am i doing wrong? if someone can help me that would be nice....

Troutman65
10-28-2009, 03:05 PM
i went there twice once on the trout opening day about 2 weeks ago and than again this past weekend...both time i got skunk...always get there early and pretty much fish all over the place...what am i doing wrong? if someone can help me that would be nice....

I would try power bait, nightcrawlers, meal worms, trout jigs , and drop shoting a power worm. Try different colors on the power worms till you find what the trout want. Same with the power bait. You can toss lures also . If you don't get bit in 30 min. move to another spot.

samgann93
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
its still a little warm. dont get discouraged. i agree with troutman65. try a spot for 30 minutes, if no fish... move.

i would drop shot a lip ripper in chartruese shine. or in the morning throw a z-spoon in siberian tiger.

try bubble hole if the water is flowing.

Marley
10-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Wait til the water gets cool enough for trout. It's WAY too early for trout at SARL. Mid-November at the earliest, then fish 'crawlers in tight to the shoreline. Find 6 feet of water and stay there. Moving around is okay if there's not a crowd, but toss Lip Rippers, Power Worms or jigs and forget the bait. If there's a crowd, pick a spot and park. Learn the lake by observing what succcessful people are doing and where they're doing it. If a section of beach is crowded, it's likely a good spot. Not always, but often enough. It's a good place to start next ime.