PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of a spot near bakersfield?

smokecdxx
10-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm gonna be going up the to visit my sister with one of my friends and we wanted to hit up some fishing while I was there. She lives the near the airport off of the 99.....so any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kevin

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
10-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Isabella is up there,not to far. Google it or look at the SOCAL lakes in FNN.

Mike

smokecdxx
10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah I'm not even going that way I live in the av so I take the 58 to the 99 I'm not trying to take the 14 to the 395......but thanks anyway

RAY ONE
10-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Theres plenty of spots to fish in Bako, it just depends on what you want to fish for.

smokecdxx
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Honestly I'm down to fish anything. I just don't know where to go cause I have no idea where anything is. And my sis nor my bro in law fish.....so its pretty lame......at least I have friends like you guys here on ffn haha

Skaguy04
10-29-2009, 12:25 AM
In Bakersfield there are quite of different places to fish. Locally there is River-walk, Truxton, Hart, and Ming. There are trout being stocked in there, but there are also bass and some catfish in there. To the west of Bakersfield, there is Buena Vista and the Aqueduct. To the north-east there is the Kern River, Lake Isabella, and Brite Lake in Tehachapi.

smokecdxx
10-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah we are probably gonna go to brite on Friday morning skaguy so you should pm if you're down to go and show us the way of brite lake lol

trail blazer
10-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Pm sent bro with my ph#

J. Owen
10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Kern river at the beging of the canyon down by the power plant is good for late night cat bite

Skaguy04
10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Kern river at the beging of the canyon down by the power plant is good for late night cat bite

The water in the Lower Kern is just getting back to normal. There was some recent cleaning by democrat dam that turned the water into chocolate milk.

J. Owen
10-30-2009, 04:32 AM
The water in the Lower Kern is just getting back to normal. There was some recent cleaning by democrat dam that turned the water into chocolate milk.

wow no **** man thats sucks for your trout season

jase33
10-30-2009, 09:19 AM
no trout planted in the kern anymore

cutbait
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I suggest Isabella. Catfish is best chance to do well around Bakersfield. Not too far from where your going to be. Isabella catfish, crappie can be WFO. One of your best chances for a DD largemouth in the state also.

Just the chances for skunks at the city lakes, Duct, and BV are probable. Having said that, if you catch the tiny city lakes right with the trout plant then its limits around.

dday07
11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
my dads side of the family lives up there so know it well.isabella is the best bet if you don't mind the drive.ming is ok but i like hart park.they are now planting trout and you can catch bass,bluegill and catfish.the park is pretty scenic with the kern river flowing through it.

Skaguy04
11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
my dads side of the family lives up there so know it well.isabella is the best bet if you don't mind the drive.ming is ok but i like hart park.they are now planting trout and you can catch bass,bluegill and catfish.the park is pretty scenic with the kern river flowing through it.

Sorry, but I don't know what is "scenic" about a lake full of trash, tires, and duck poop.... lol

fishfinder
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
i heard they are stocking brite lake this week.

BakoBassin
11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I would say try the small lakes for trout, Kevin. Ming, Truxton, River Walk and maybe Hart Park. If you want, PM me and I'll give you my number. Skaguy and I hit the little lakes this time of year. I live near where you'll be staying.

These will be your best chance for actually catching fish right now without a lot of thinking/work.