PDA

View Full Version : Sabiki rig?

PESCADOS.LOCOS
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I tube nph and always use crank and jerkbaits. Was looking to catch some live bait to use picked up a sabiki rig. I understand finding baitfish do you just drop it down? I notice a guy awhile back when i was walking the dock down off M street guy was using little dough bread pieces on the hooks i also though i heard putting fish skin or scent on them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!

chris

Nessie Hunter
10-28-2009, 08:25 AM
The City of Newport Beach passed an ordinance against Chumming of any kind in the bay.. You 'can not' even dispose of your unused bait in the water..
So be careful.... $$$$$

The Sabiki's work great just dangle and jig it a bit, they will come, give it a while...

I have always had just as good, or better luck with artificial in the bays..
Live bait is a pain in the rear!!!!

Lightline
10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
The City of Newport Beach passed an ordinance against Chumming of any kind in the bay.. You 'can not' even dispose of your unused bait in the water..
So be careful.... $$$$$

The Sabiki's work great just dangle and jig it a bit, they will come, give it a while...

I have always had just as good, or better luck with artificial in the bays..
Live bait is a pain in the rear!!!!

uh oh, does that mean no more chumming bread for smelt?:Angry::Angry::EyePop::EyePop:

smokehound
10-28-2009, 09:13 AM
So by that ordinance it's illegal to dump live jacksmelt back in, since it became bait?

LOL

I can understand about the bread, but they should allow you to throw fish parts...

Man newport just gets a progressively huge bug up its arse.. Just sitting in there.... growing, til it becomes a huge lame arse-monster..

Nessie Hunter
10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Well now.
We are talking about multi million dollar estates connected to the bay..
Cha Ching!!!!$$
Also a lot of commercial party boats.
A BIG problem with Sea Lions...

Im surprised it took them this long to do it...
I think it was passed last year or the year before????

I bet that if it wasnt such a big tax revenue thing, The Bait Barge would of been booted also... It is only seasonal...
But it supports the Party Boats..
Tax Dollar Power!!

The little guy (us) just got caught in the Mix...... :Rolls Eyes:

Lightline
10-30-2009, 03:03 PM
So can we still chum for smelt at m street dock and the jetty or what?

any one have a link to the ordinance?