fndaway66
10-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Upper Owen's

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/fndaway66/closer2009011.jpg

Brookie. Take a guess

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/fndaway66/closer2009009.jpg

Loco
10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
All I can say is Wow!!! Great job, great trip!

vortec_cruiser
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Those are some really nice fish.

mil sonrisas
10-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Nice fish! Beatiful colors on those. Haven't a chance to catch anything other than holdover rainbows in the sierras. The closest I came was a rainbow/brown hybrid in the stanislaus river. Once again, congrats!!!

diamondbear
10-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Beautiful trout with some size to them , must of been a fun fight . GOOD JOB and thanks for the report .

IncredibleHuck
10-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Great fish! If we're gussing where you caught that brookie, my guess is that you hiked into that lake, and it starts with K and ends with an N....

But either way great two fish man! What did you use?

fndaway66
10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Great fish! If we're gussing where you caught that brookie, my guess is that you hiked into that lake, and it starts with K and ends with an N....

You got it. The place was a zoo for a Sunday afternoon. It looked like crowley on opening day. There were at least 5 to 6 people wading the cove and another 2 in tubes. Unfortunately alot of these fish will die off this year. Since the Brookies were looking for a place to spawn catching them with a any fly was pretty easy.

At the Upper O I hiked down to the lake and then worked my way back up. Picked up the brown on a Copper John dropper. Fought this thing for at least 20 minutes before my friend netted him. The fish just wouldn't come up, stayed deep and in the current. Finally got him to come up to the net. I only caught one other 10 inch brown. The big fish haven't move in river yet to spawn. Hopefully this cold front will get them started.

IncredibleHuck
10-28-2009, 09:49 AM
You got it. The place was a zoo for a Sunday afternoon. It looked like crowley on opening day. There were at least 5 to 6 people wading the cove and another 2 in tubes. Unfortunately alot of these fish will die off this year. Since the Brookies were looking for a place to spawn catching them with a any fly was pretty easy.

At the Upper O I hiked down to the lake and then worked my way back up. Picked up the brown on a Copper John dropper. Fought this thing for at least 20 minutes before my friend netted him. The fish just wouldn't come up, stayed deep and in the current. Finally got him to come up to the net. I only caught one other 10 brown. The big fish haven't move in river yet to spawn. Hopefully this cold front will get them started.

From what I've heard from my friends who fish it all the time, they said over the past two years it has been getting packed.

I've never fished the Upper O but when I go up in the summer we hit all the lakes, one of these years i'll go up there in late October to fish it. There is some EPIC fishing up there at this time of year.

tcat74
10-29-2009, 03:43 PM

That lake wouldnt be just north of Bridgeport would it??? LOL!

Beautiful fish!!!

SurfSpot
10-30-2009, 09:25 AM
wow nice looking brown, I fished that same stretch last week and it was warm 80 degrees and I figured the spawn trout from Crowley hadn't triggered yet because of the heat. I did catch a 3.8 rainbow down towards the lake I think he was an early arrival. Any kind of rain or cold front will trigger them and its going to be good early nov. nice fish man

primo55
10-31-2009, 11:59 PM
great catch,what did they bite on?

primo55
11-01-2009, 12:04 AM
wow,great looking fish!!congrats.