PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Lake, Riverside????

duce
10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Behind Perris is a lake called Mystic Lake. Is there fish in it? Can you fish it? Also all around there are little ponds. What are they? Can they be fished also? I havent been there but I was looking at them on google maps.

castle
10-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Those are basins for flood control, normally dry all year.

duce
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
thankyou sir

troutcatcher
10-28-2009, 03:20 AM
The lake is all dried up, the ponds you seen are san jacinto wildlife area the lake is part of the wildlife area and the ponds are for duck hunting.

duce
10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
The lake is all dried up, the ponds you seen are san jacinto wildlife area the lake is part of the wildlife area and the ponds are for duck hunting.

Is there any fish in those ponds? Can you walk up to them or is there an entry fee?

pwynn
10-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Is there any fish in those ponds? Can you walk up to them or is there an entry fee?
there are fish in the ponds...BUT you cant fish

fishntime
10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I actually took the time out time recon the area, and the ponds look rather fishey. There is a fence that is about a half mile from the waters edge. I had no idea that the ponds were for duck hunters?

troutcatcher
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
sorry guys no fish, the ponds stay dry most of the year, they just filled them up right before duck season, mystic lake has had fish in it mostly carp, it gets filled from run off from lake hemet.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-28-2009, 02:26 PM
there are fish in the ponds...BUT you cant fish

sounds like a midnight run..

pwynn
10-29-2009, 08:41 AM
sorry guys no fish, the ponds stay dry most of the year, they just filled them up right before duck season, mystic lake has had fish in it mostly carp, it gets filled from run off from lake hemet.

umm the wedlands are not dry most of the year... they actually have many ponds that have water in them all the time. i happen to work for the water district that supplies the water there are some ponds that they dry every year. as for mystic being run off from lake hemet that is not the case either. back in 1992 lake hemet over flowed and it did add to the water in the san jacinto river that does not run to mystic lake. but does run through the dfg wetlands.... so that year there were actually trout in there... the sj river eventually finds it why into canyon lake. you may be talking about one of the duck clubs that are right next to it... as for mystic lake it is created because the water table is very shallow right there. so when we have a wet year it fills and dries... it has been happening for far longer than the hundred + years that lake hemet has been there. as for the fish that were in mystic lake there were mostly shad and carp.

http://www.sjwa.info/

troutcatcher
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Mystic lake is DFG wet lands the dfg owns the lake and all the land around the lake, there are even duck blinds on the lake, there is a private pheasant club on one side of the lake, most of the duck clubs in the area are now owned by the dfg, the water for the ponds is actually sewer water or reclaimed water, the duck blinds are only filled during duck season.

pwynn
10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Mystic lake is DFG wet lands the dfg owns the lake and all the land around the lake, there are even duck blinds on the lake, there is a private pheasant club on one side of the lake, most of the duck clubs in the area are now owned by the dfg, the water for the ponds is actually sewer water or reclaimed water, the duck blinds are only filled during duck season.
whatever it is not worth my time....