PDA

View Full Version : what could it be at corona lake?

fishrookie
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
well me and my brother went to do some night fishing at corona this last Sat we set up in our same spot we were in the sat before that since it gave up almost 10 pound cat. we set up our korean fishing poles, these things are a trip, no reel just your line tied at the end. so anyways we were there all night till closing and nothing till 10 o'clock then bam my float get a tap down so i set the hook and fish on. with these poles you pull it up to a 90 degree angle and just hang on till the fish gets tired then just pull him towards shore. so i do that and it splashes out of the water for a second then it just stops fighting so i pull it towards me. as my brother gets the net it all of a sudden shoots straight out and almost pulls the pole out my hand i try to pull the pole up again and bam i go falling back over my chair with my brother LOL at me i tell did i brake the line? he goes to check and says damn it straightened your hook, the same hook i brought my big cat in the weekend before. i tell him damn what the hell is it. so we hurry up to get our bait out there again and bam he gets hooked on my brothers pole this time it snaps his line. then maybe 10 minutes later i get a hit and set my hook and snap he snaps my line three inches from where i have it tied to my pole, like nothing and this is 20 lb test. i watch my 12 dollar korean float and 6 dollar LED light for the tip go under water i thought he had took the tip off my pole so we check it and it was cool we turn around to look to see what it was and there is my float coming up so i run to my truck and get my uglysticks with spinner reels and we start cross casting to try to snag it. my brother hooks it and starts to bring it in then it start to take of and then stop. we keep trying to hook it and finally my brother hooks it and brings it in the hook was bent but no fish. we called it a night since it was closing time. so you guys tell me what the hell was it.
by the way my brother cought a 7.8 lb cat two weeks before mine in the same spot.
heres pics of mine, i have to get a pic of his

Troutman65
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
A big fish.

sansou
10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Mr. Sturgeon?

Thanks for the report. Corona's a fun little place to fish.

fishrookie
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Mr. Sturgeon?

Thanks for the report. Corona's a fun little place to fish.

thats what i was thinking but wasn't sure if they put them in that lake also. yeah that is a nice little lake to night fish. not that many people to crowd you like santa ana and its quiet no people screaming across the lake either. now i'm gonna have to go to my Korean tackle store to have them set me up with a bigger set up to catch him.

sansou
10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
thats what i was thinking but wasn't sure if they put them in that lake also. yeah that is a nice little lake to night fish. not that many people to crowd you like santa ana and its quiet no people screaming across the lake either. now i'm gonna have to go to my Korean tackle store to have them set me up with a bigger set up to catch him.

I would be curious to see what your Korean fishing tackle / rod looks like. Years ago, I fished a few times for eels out by Sorak Mountain, and also for carp in a pond out by Taegu with a cane pole w/line attached at the tip. Total Korean style!

olfishergal
10-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Sounds like you were using a cane pole and bobber and a carp got hold of you. They will take your pole from you in a country second!!!!!!!:Envious: (BTW, there are carp in there, big ones)

fishrookie
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I would be curious to see what your Korean fishing tackle / rod looks like. Years ago, I fished a few times for eels out by Sorak Mountain, and also for carp in a pond out by Taegu with a cane pole w/line attached at the tip. Total Korean style!

i'll have to take a pic of it. its about 15 to 16 feet long and it collapses down and fits in a little holder like a cue stick. it has two holders you set it on while you wait. one is in a 45 degree angle and the other is straight up to rest the butt of the pole on with a safety catch . the bobber is long with three different colors and for night i put this tiny LED that has a tiny battery for it. then i use a Korean bait that just kills them. no need for shrimp or all that stuff. just mix it at the lake in bowl and make little balls to put on the hook. the only way i found about it is a korean guy we watched at santa ana catching cats left and right and the people near him mad as hell cause they weren't catching crap. we made friends with him and he turned us on to the shop were we could get his gear. the owner was cool as hell we just told him we want o catch cats like MR you, i know i spelled it wrong. and he sat there and showed us how to set up and how to use. all you do is sit there and watch the bobber and when you see it move you pull back the rod fast and set the hook then pull straight up and hang on.

CL SmooV
10-29-2009, 11:19 AM
sounds like a carp.

JigStop
11-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a CARP. Sturgeon have more sensitive mouths and usually won't hit again after you give them a sore mouth.

fishrookie
11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
thanks for the info. i think i am gonna go back this weekend and try to catch it agian