PDA

View Full Version : La lakers 2009 - 2010

Hometown
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
So tomorrow night the season gets under way seems like last month they were winning the title.Hopefully they can go back to back it might ease the pain of the dodgers coming up a little short once again.I like their chances I hope we can stay healthy since on paper they seem to be better this year. GO LA:!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!:

The Angler
10-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Yea Im already feeling another title. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and well be in LA for the parade in no time:Cool:

Hitts0n
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
No one can fade the Lakers ! 2 peat coming up !

Simplyeman
10-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Dont feel to confident, first they have to get through Nugs, Cavs, and Magic.

Celtics are favored to win but I really don't see that happening.

wellbilldancesays
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Celtics are favored to win but I really don't see that happening.

With Wallace and everyone they already had Boston is going to be tough but they're not favored to win the championship. Lakers currently are 2/1 and Celtics are 4/1.

fisherman from long beach
10-29-2009, 01:42 PM
i think the big test for the lakers are the celtics,but they better not look past san antonio,they looked reel tough against the n,o.they had the d,and now they have the o.good luck flaker fans.

Simplyeman
10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I take back what I said.....cavs wont take it, no chance! Watching them play I think that all the talk about Shaq is just hype. He reportedly singed a 50 mil contract with an Italian league.

I love the Lakers but i really think the Celtics are going to take it this year.

fuj
11-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I love the Lakers but i really think the Celtics are going to take it this year.

Hard to argue with that prediction. The Celts look determined so far, and one thing they appear to have over the Lakers at this point is bench strength. Pau returning will certainly help, but I'd hate to rely on Sasha, Walton, Powell, and M'Benga to be consistent bench contributors. Farmar and Brown as guard backups make me a little nervous, too.

Simplyeman
11-03-2009, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't count out Brown. Unlike Sasha and Farmar he doesn't throw the ball away or take some ridiculous shot. Shasha just looks like he's going into a seizure all the time and Farmar thinks he's Jordan.

hbomb
11-03-2009, 08:00 PM
WoW lakers won today but it looked kind of messy, nonetheless its still a win. whoo hooo. :Cool:

troutdog
11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
5-21 for Ariza tonight....Artest suffocating on defense, still early too early to tell but so far I'm liking Artest the head case!

Oh yeah....LAKERS WIN!

TD

Hometown
11-05-2009, 05:53 PM
5-21 for Ariza tonight....Artest suffocating on defense, still early too early to tell but so far I'm liking Artest the head case!

Oh yeah....LAKERS WIN!

TD

I agree TD but will Artest be happy whene the BIG SPAINARD comes back and takes some of his looks and time away,I hope so.:Big Grin:

Lightning
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
What's the word on Pau?

fishincrave
11-06-2009, 10:02 AM
What's the word on Pau?
Still out for a few more games on that hamstring:Sad:
and now Bynum out for some time with the elbow :Twisted:

Simplyeman
11-17-2009, 10:01 PM
did ANYONEEEE else hear the reporter at the end of the game say

"kobe many of us were worried about your groin coming into the game"

classic.

fisherman from long beach
11-18-2009, 06:55 AM
going to the bulls flaker game thursday.gooo bulls

Liteliner
12-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I did a terrible thing tonight!!!:mad::Embarrassed::Angry: Yeah i did. I turned of the game with the lakers down 4 with 9 seconds to go.... I missed greatness tonight people!:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

KOBE 4 MVP!!!!

Hometown
12-05-2009, 03:36 PM
i did a terrible thing tonight!!!:mad::embarrassed::angry: Yeah i did. I turned of the game with the lakers down 4 with 9 seconds to go.... I missed greatness tonight people!:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

kobe 4 mvp!!!!

never give up hope at least you can catch the replay

Liteliner
12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
9 in a row.....:Cool:

Liteliner
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Okay The Machine made a freakin 3 tonight......:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: 10 in a row baby....

fishincrave
12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
I did a terrible thing tonight!!!:mad::Embarrassed::Angry: Yeah i did. I turned of the game with the lakers down 4 with 9 seconds to go.... I missed greatness tonight people!:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

KOBE 4 MVP!!!!

I bet you didn't do the same terrible thing tonight did ya :LOL:

Liteliner
12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Lakers get it goin again. Kobe pwned with the broken finger and all!!!

Hometown
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
another game winner at the buzzer awe awe awe awemazzing:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

Hitts0n
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Lakers are killing !!!!!!

hbomb
12-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Lakers for the win,,, yeahhhhhhhhhh

Liteliner
12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
MAMBA STRIKE YOU DEAD!!!!:Worship:

fishincrave
12-16-2009, 11:12 PM
LOL kobe does it again take that :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

Hometown
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Well here comes allstar game mid season I think so far the lakers are in good position looks like west will be locked up shortly and if we can get healthy maybe catch the cavs for homecourt.Cant wait for the playoffs.

The Angler
02-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Lakers all the way. The championship is ours for the taking!!!

Hometown
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
KOBE DOES IT AGAIN i like the way they played with out kobe but its nice he is back on the playground.

The Angler
02-25-2010, 02:51 PM
eh kobe wasnt kobe last night. What was up with no one able to get rebounds wtf? HOpefully if everything goes through ill be at the game on sunday to watch the Lakers take on the nuggets.

Hometown
04-20-2010, 11:38 PM
were are the LAKER FANS ITS TIME FOR US TO STEP UP GO LAKERS GO DODGERS GO KINGS

BrandonFish
04-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Wooooow close game tonight was a tough one tell the end!

jumpman
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Go KINGS yes, Go Dodgers yes, Go lakers no ....... lol

I used to be a die hard laker fan during the original show time, i lost it when Number 8 first came in. I dont like him but it is a matter of oppinion i am sure. I became a fan of boston, YES BOSTON. i think doc rivers drives good teachings of traditional pick and roll. as far as how they are doing in the league overall, well 9th but they are working on it. After all lakers are third still i believe, maybe second after last nights game. which that game by the way should never have came that close in staples center, i think these next two games will be a eye opener for la. I also am not sure they will make it through oklahoma.

As far as everyone saying laker/cavs..... ok well cavs are doing great except they do not play better against teams of the west, but they have to make it through teams of the east to make finals. Also dont forget boston is a play off team so lets see what happens next.....

good luck to all and hopfully your team makes it.
jason

wellbilldancesays
04-22-2010, 06:47 AM

I used to be a die hard laker fan during the original show time, i lost it when Number 8 first came in. I dont like him but it is a matter of oppinion i am sure. I became a fan of boston, YES BOSTON.

You were NEVER a true Lakers fan, let alone a "die hard" .

DarkShadow
04-22-2010, 07:29 PM
You were NEVER a true Lakers fan, let alone a "die hard" .

I dunno, WBDS.

If the definition of a "true fan" or "die hard fan" is following a team blindly regardless of the decisions management or players make, you should sit in the left field pavillion at dodger stadium.

You can share stories with the "true" dodger fans with an "LA" tattoo'ed in their shaved heads who have the slightest clue that management is bending them over year after year, and have the slightest clue what an E.R.A. is.

Am I true blue fan? Ill take my love for the Dodgers to the grave.

That doesn't necessarily mean I can't criticize them or boycott them because of decisions management or players make. That doesn't make me less of a fan than the guy spewing profanities at opposing teams' fans as they walk down the aisle.

I blame these "die hard" fans for the Dodgers mediocrity. As long as Chavez Ravine keeps filling up, they can keep adding terrible talent to the roster.

Its intelligent fans that hold owners and GMs accountable that makes teams successful. When McCourt gets 20k average to Dodger Stadium a game, maybe he'll realize he needs to get championship caliber teams on the field, instead of finding more ways to suck money off the fans.

I hope that never happens to the Purple and Gold.

troutdog
04-22-2010, 07:37 PM

I used to be a die hard laker fan during the original show time, i lost it when Number 8 first came in. I dont like him but it is a matter of oppinion i am sure. I became a fan of boston, YES BOSTON.

Jason PLEASE explain how you were a diehard Laker fan during the 80's and then later became a fan of their biggest rival the celtics? That seriously makes no sense, I could see jumping on the pistons or spurs jock, but the celtics? WTH.

LA sports fan for life!

TD

DarkShadow
04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Jason PLEASE explain how you were a diehard Laker fan during the 80's and then later became a fan of their biggest rival the celtics?

Great point.

I would have to be knocked unconcscious to be seen wearing a San Francisco Giants hat.

What moves should the Lakers make during the off season regarding the point guard situation?

Is relying on Shannon and Jordan gonna be the answer?

And will Bynum ever earn that paycheck?

What about the non-existent bench play as of late?

And anybody notice that Kobe doesn't attack the rim like he used to? Is his age finally showing, or is it the nagging injuries that are preventing him from driving to the rim like Kobe of old?

Fellow Laker fans, chime in.

jumpman
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Jason PLEASE explain how you were a diehard Laker fan during the 80's and then later became a fan of their biggest rival the celtics? That seriously makes no sense, I could see jumping on the pistons or spurs jock, but the celtics? WTH.

LA sports fan for life!

TD

its ok td,
good question, i can respect this. when i was younger i still looked up to bird as well. see when you are young even older you realize it is not a hate thing it is a respect thing. i have always respected boston. i actually have a bird ornament i used to put on the christmas tree every year..... some people say you cant like two teams, i think you can but thats me. lakers were my favorite team celtics second. just like my favorite player of all time is mj but my team was not the bulls. I dont know TD it may be hard to uderstand but since i boycotted lakers i decided to follow celtics since they were my second favorite. I dont want to get into it on here but when a few things chang (hopefully soon) i will back to lakers. But i do miss magic,kareem and worthy =), on another note i would not say i was a die hard , i was just making a point to the big homie above for passing judgment but yes i was a fan.....

jumpman
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
i am tripping out how the whole crowd has blue shirts, talk about distracting.......

Trout 1
04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
i am tripping out how the whole crowd has blue shirts, talk about distracting.......

HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing

Trout 1
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA THUNDERS took it!!!!!!

jumpman
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
what a game though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitts0n
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Good,they can bring it home so I can party on at the bar!

Hometown
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM

I used to be a die hard laker fan during the original show time, i lost it when Number 8 first came in. I dont like him but it is a matter of oppinion i am sure. I became a fan of boston, YES BOSTON. i think doc rivers drives good teachings of traditional pick and roll. as far as how they are doing in the league overall, well 9th but they are working on it. After all lakers are third still i believe, maybe second after last nights game. which that game by the way should never have came that close in staples center, i think these next two games will be a eye opener for la. I also am not sure they will make it through oklahoma.

As far as everyone saying laker/cavs..... ok well cavs are doing great except they do not play better against teams of the west, but they have to make it through teams of the east to make finals. Also dont forget boston is a play off team so lets see what happens next.....

good luck to all and hopfully your team makes it.
jason

I think you were allways a boston fan your just coming out of the closet.

jumpman
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I think you were allways a boston fan your just coming out of the closet.

hmmm maybe, who knows lol. but this is why i love opinions, doesnt mean they are right but i love them lol.

Hometown
04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
hmmm maybe, who knows lol. but this is why i love opinions, doesnt mean they are right but i love them lol.
jk just dont turn yankee

troutdog
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
its ok td,
good question, i can respect this. when i was younger i still looked up to bird as well. see when you are young even older you realize it is not a hate thing it is a respect thing. i have always respected boston. i actually have a bird ornament i used to put on the christmas tree every year..... some people say you cant like two teams, i think you can but thats me. lakers were my favorite team celtics second. just like my favorite player of all time is mj but my team was not the bulls. I dont know TD it may be hard to uderstand but since i boycotted lakers i decided to follow celtics since they were my second favorite. I dont want to get into it on here but when a few things chang (hopefully soon) i will back to lakers. But i do miss magic,kareem and worthy =), on another note i would not say i was a die hard , i was just making a point to the big homie above for passing judgment but yes i was a fan.....

I respected Larry Bird (and still do), but I still could never fathom the idea of changing my allegiance to the team I grew up cheering for. That would be like me becoming a Yankee or giant fan because the Dodgers parted ways with Mike Piazza which was a very unpopular move at the time. I like your style and appreciate the way you conduct yourself on the board jumpman. The sports forum often sees "the fur fly" when two people disagree, perhaps that is why "fan" is short for fanatic? With that said I look forward to a Laker/Celtic matchup, but I think your team is too weak to hold up their end of the bargin :Wink:

TD

Trout 1
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
All respect but CELTIC'S will smash the lakers. I like this form its all in fun!!!!! I know there is a lot of good ppl on here.

Hometown
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I see your spelling not to good as you have your location Hatein on Lurkers ITS SPELLED HATEING ON LAKERS. JK CANT WAIT TO HANG ANOTHER BANNER IN STAPLES.
All respect but CELTIC'S will smash the lakers. I like this form its all in fun!!!!! I know there is a lot of good ppl on here.

Trout 1
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
I see your spelling not to good as you have your location Hatein on Lurkers ITS SPELLED HATEING ON LAKERS. JK CANT WAIT TO HANG ANOTHER BANNER IN STAPLES.

HAHAHAH I did miss spell HATEING but its spose to be LURKERS for all the ppl on here that dont become members and are lurking on the forms lol!!!! BUT THANX FOR THE IDEA LMAO!!!! like I said this is all in fun........ BUT WE ALL KNOW CELTICS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

T1

wellbilldancesays
04-23-2010, 06:40 AM
I dunno, WBDS.

If the definition of a "true fan" or "die hard fan" is following a team blindly regardless of the decisions management or players make, you should sit in the left field pavillion at dodger stadium.

You can share stories with the "true" dodger fans with an "LA" tattoo'ed in their shaved heads who have the slightest clue that management is bending them over year after year, and have the slightest clue what an E.R.A. is.

Am I true blue fan? Ill take my love for the Dodgers to the grave.

That doesn't necessarily mean I can't criticize them or boycott them because of decisions management or players make. That doesn't make me less of a fan than the guy spewing profanities at opposing teams' fans as they walk down the aisle.

I blame these "die hard" fans for the Dodgers mediocrity. As long as Chavez Ravine keeps filling up, they can keep adding terrible talent to the roster.

Its intelligent fans that hold owners and GMs accountable that makes teams successful. When McCourt gets 20k average to Dodger Stadium a game, maybe he'll realize he needs to get championship caliber teams on the field, instead of finding more ways to suck money off the fans.

I hope that never happens to the Purple and Gold.

I understand whst your saying DS. My point was NO true Laker Fan is now a Celtics fan. I have a gut feeling that somwhere between being a Laker fan and a Celtic fan there's a Bulls jersey tucked away in the closet.

wellbilldancesays
04-23-2010, 06:43 AM
HAHAHAH I did miss spell HATEING but its spose to be LURKERS for all the ppl on here that dont become members and are lurking on the forms lol!!!! BUT THANX FOR THE IDEA LMAO!!!! like I said this is all in fun........ BUT WE ALL KNOW CELTICS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

T1

Ummmm I'm pretty sure it's spelled HATING! lmao.

jumpman
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I understand whst your saying DS. My point was NO true Laker Fan is now a Celtics fan. I have a gut feeling that somwhere between being a Laker fan and a Celtic fan there's a Bulls jersey tucked away in the closet.

you sneaking in my closet again bro???? what did i tell you about this lol. its ok you have your theorys just like i have mine, 5 years ago you probally didnt give a rats *** lol. 2007 hits "oh wait we are winning again, put the laker flag on the car". Its ok though lol i am good with this. by the way no bulls jersey even though i want a mj one, i do however have a authentic mj white sox jersey.....

Hometown
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM

T1
yea i new you were talking about lurkers and not lakers but i was making a joke.are you going to the kiddie pole tourney tonight mark AKA:HOMETOWN:

Trout 1
04-23-2010, 12:18 PM
NAH..... cant make it out there....

T1

Hometown
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
NAH..... cant make it out there....

T1bummer i hope to meet you at the next event

Trout 1
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
bummer i hope to meet you at the next event

fer sure man

DarkShadow
04-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Good,they can bring it home so I can party on at the bar!

I agree, the Lakers getting blown out yesterday was good planning.

That way I can have my Lakers-Take-Game-7-Against-the-8th-Seed BBQ party at home next Sunday, and David Stern gets his ratings early.

fuj
04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
What moves should the Lakers make during the off season regarding the point guard situation?

Is relying on Shannon and Jordan gonna be the answer?

And will Bynum ever earn that paycheck?

What about the non-existent bench play as of late?

And anybody notice that Kobe doesn't attack the rim like he used to? Is his age finally showing, or is it the nagging injuries that are preventing him from driving to the rim like Kobe of old?

Fellow Laker fans, chime in.

I expect the Lakers to make some off-season moves in the point guard department whether they win the title or not. Certainly if they don't win (which looks more likely the way they're playing the Thunder.) At season's end, Fisher and Farmar are done with their contracts, and Brown has a player option for next season. Considering that point guard is a major weak spot for the Lakers, it could be argued that losing those three guys might not be such a bad thing. Too bad they can't "lose" Sasha too.

While I still side with Forbes' analysis of Bynum, I don't think the Lakers can win the championship this year without him, either. I wonder if Chris Bosh would like to play in LA (and Bynum in Toronto?? :Secret:)

I've never been high on the Lakers' bench. The bench really consists of only three players - Farmar, Brown, and Odom. Soft bunch, IMHO, especially when Vujacic and Walton are included. And if you consider Bynum to be fragile, Odom really isn't a bench guy. Not a scary bench, made even less scary sans Odom.

wellbilldancesays
04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
What a complete 180 the Lakers did yesterday. Man this team is strange!!

Your playn' with my emotions!!
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/KylieCarson/BigPerm.jpg

Hometown
05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Bring on the jazz

PokerFish
05-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Bring on the jazz

I'm pretty happy we're playing the Jazz instead of the Nuggets since I think the Lakers match up much better against Utah. Hopefully, this is a quick series and the Spurs/Suns matchup goes 7 games so that the Lakers will have a little breathing room to nurse their injuries.

Hometown
05-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Ralphhhhhh gentry need i say more

smokinflies
05-28-2010, 11:45 AM
All I have to say is the last minute of last night's game had me on the edge of my seat.