PDA

View Full Version : Angel food ministries

Sea Monkey
10-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone. Please see the below link to a wonderful site that can help out anyone you know that may be struggling in these tough times. Or, use it yourself!

www.angelfoodministries.com

I purposely ordered a box from this organization, picked it up at a local church and found all the food to be of quality. These are not seconds, donations or past prime foods. Most of the goods are manufactured specifically for angel food ministries. The meats are of restaurant quality. The produce is packaged and not week old or otherwise unappetizing.

They ask for no donations at your pick up site, they do not try to wrangle you in for a service (if the pick up site is a church), they simply check your order, put in the box or bags you provide and carry it to your car for you.
That's it.

The pick up sites are nationwide. Look for your host site closest to you on the website below, order and pay for your food and pick it up on the designated day.

I do not work for this organization, i just found an article one day in the paper about it, checked it out and passed the word along. It has helped out a few friends of mine, seniors included who worried about how to get food on the table some weeks.

I hope this may be of use to someone. Pass it on, pass it on, pass it on!!

www.angelfoodministries,com

Renee

Nessie Hunter
10-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Renee, Thanks. Thats an awesome deal for any one.... (no restrictions).
And they take food stamps or ??.....

There is even a host site right here in Hesperia.. To cool!!!

I will pass this on the many of the Seniors that I know here locally...
And some of the Families also....

Thanks again...... :Cool:

Sea Monkey
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
You're welcome Nessie! YES THEY TAKE FOOD STAMPS!!! Isn't that great? This is PERFECT for seniors! I bought a box for my picky grocery dad, and he & mom loved the quality!!

Thanks for paying it forward!

Renee

sansou
10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
What a great link!

Makes it easy to help out a family in need.

Thanks Renee!

fishfinder
10-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't get it. I looked at the menus, and it appears that you pay $30.00 for what looks like well $30 worth of food. am i missing something here?