PDA

View Full Version : PVR to Bridgeport -Tomorrow to Friday

Sanseiguy
10-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Heading to catch the last sierras trip of the year. Weather does not look too good but we are going to try PVR then work up to Mammoth, June or Brigeport weather permitting. We are in a self contained camper w/Tubes and Kayaks.....fished the Mammoth basin and June loop for 45 yrs but not usually this late in the season.

Any suggestions for this time of year considering the weather?....The wives suggested to stay home and get some housework done but you know how that goes !!!!!

Thanks for any advice.

baybassboy
10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Just be sure to dress in layers... i am also going up the week, so i have been watching the weather. all i have seen is chances for windy days tomorrow and wednesday. So layers are a smart idea because it can go from chilling to the bone to unseasonably warm in minutes.

be smart with the camper. Don't do your travelling on windy days. Heading up to the bridgeport area with the camper should probably be saved till later in the week. Going up the pass in the wind won't be fun

Pay attention to wind direction. PVR can be very secluded, or it can turn into a wind tunnel depending on wind direction.

I would say absolutely head up. Fishing the area this time of year can be absolutely epic. Especially with the nights that are now below freezing

dixoncider
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Love a report when you get back or while you are up there::Smile:

Noobiesrule
10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
It looks like i'll be up there as well.

STEVE IN SOCAL
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm heading up Tuesday a/m. Looks like I'll be spending the first couple days playing Monopoly at the cabin. I hate wind.

fndaway66
10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Kirman. Just got back tonight. It's off the hook right now!!!!

golfish
10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Kirman. Just got back tonight. It's off the hook right now!!!!

Doh!!!! I was just up at Crowley this past weekend. I wish I would of thought about Kirmin. I would have much rather fished there then Crowley:Sad:

Sparky70
10-27-2009, 04:13 PM
I live in Ridgecrest and the wind is blowing like Hell right now, visibity in Lancaster is only 1 mile as of now....Look for snow up and around Mammoth, dress warm and have a good shot of Booze.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: