PDA

View Full Version : Steez 2508 vs Stella 1000FD

2jackedLUNGS
10-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I thinking of getting one of these reels for trout fishing and was wondering which of the two I should get.

samgann93
10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
stella all the way. freakin kick a** reel.

bighuff
10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
why pay $500 to catch fish that weigh only a couple pounds

samgann93
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM

haha leave it to josh to say someones wasting their money.. HAHA.

2jackedLUNGS get the stella. if you have the money its an awesome reel.

bighuff
10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
i would honestly get a shimano stradic. just make sure you dont lay it down in the dirt at the lake because stella parts dont come cheap at the warehouse

spork
10-25-2009, 10:28 PM

because bass fishing takes more skill than going out on a party boat and sticking a few albies.

BIGRED KILLA
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
because bass fishing takes more skill than going out on a party boat and sticking a few albies.

He said trout.

Bigred

Nessie Hunter
10-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Get one of each, and write us up a review of them!!!!

For any Finesse fishing, the Reel would be the last thing I considered...

First would be the Rod, mated to line & application and very sensitive.
Then my Line. Stealth and Diam, Fluoro?? The less stretch the better. (need to feel the bites, Same in Rod selection).
Then terminal tackle.. Need to get a bite to feel it...

The Reel is of less concern to me for that (finesse).. Just needs to cast and have smooth drags...
Of curse we all want to Style a little bit. But those are overkill IMHO (in my Financial bracket anyway)..
But if price was no problem.. I may lean toward the Daiwa???? Would need to try them both out and/or open them up....

Cant go wrong with either, so just match it to your purse and shoes!!
:ROFL:

Fastfish
10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm a Daiwa Fanatic

That being said I think I'd look at a different model of reel than the large Steez you mentioned maybe a Presso or a Exist Native Custom if I was picking out a trout specific spinning reel.

Check out this web-site it'll give you plenty of ideas of what direction to take with your choices either way Shimano or Daiwa > http://www.japantackle.com/

formosa
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Get one of each, and write us up a review of them!!!!

For any Finesse fishing, the Reel would be the last thing I considered...

First would be the Rod, mated to line & application and very sensitive.
Then my Line. Stealth and Diam, Fluoro?? The less stretch the better. (need to feel the bites, Same in Rod selection).
Then terminal tackle.. Need to get a bite to feel it...

The Reel is of less concern to me for that (finesse).. Just needs to cast and have smooth drags...
Of curse we all want to Style a little bit. But those are overkill IMHO (in my Financial bracket anyway)..
But if price was no problem.. I may lean toward the Daiwa???? Would need to try them both out and/or open them up....

Cant go wrong with either, so just match it to your purse and shoes!!
:ROFL:

well said NH, get a rod than reel, will be the way to do.

samgann93
10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
if hes considering a stella id think he already has a nice rod. if it were me and i had the money i would get the stella and put it on a phenix elixer trout rod. 2lb izor xxx. lip ripperz mini jigs.

GeordyBass
10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Stella? Trout???
Van Staal? Bass???
lol,,,

Get a Stradic or Sustain bro,,, A Stella that size aint worth it!

My old Stella 4000 was somewhat worth it, but I was too scared to use it a lot,,lol,, I sold it then got a Shimano Stradic,,,lol,,,

samgann93
10-26-2009, 10:01 PM
i personally use a new style symetre and love it. but whatever floats your boat. if you have the money then why not???