PDA

View Full Version : OC skunkage and DFG

kwest10
10-25-2009, 12:44 PM
same spot....many shorts. First time I ever went on a weekend. Looked like X-mas out there. One almost. Decided to throw it back. Good thing since got checked by DFG at the parking lot. Some guy had 4 shorts but let off w/ a warning. He immediately went into defense mode as soon as they pulled up. I"m hitting LBC next time.

smokehound
10-26-2009, 12:21 AM
>=\ nice... I'm glad you threw it back, but I'm very troubled that you even thought about poaching.

Even more troubling is how the guy was let off with a warning. What the hell?

That aint cool.

kwest10
10-26-2009, 08:07 AM
almost as in one gauge said on the money. The other wasn't as sure. it slipped over the carapace too easy. Didn't wiggle but I was told that, that doesn't fly. I've filed both my gauges 1/32 to 1/8th larger than required. Not a poacher b/c if I was, I'd have 15 shorts in my freezer.

Nessie Hunter
10-26-2009, 08:28 AM
That was a good call and I for one, respect you for it..
Good job!!!!

Many of the DFG people at the landings are just volunteers who take down numbers for record keeping... ????
Marine Biology College students, The get credit for doing it...

Cant imagine a DFG 'Officer' letting that many shorts go without a citation???

BIG0FISH
10-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Good job!!!!

Many of the DFG people at the landings are just volunteers who take down numbers for record keeping... ????

right, our tax dollars should not go to waste like that.
anyone trying to take the shorts should get sited.

kwest10
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Good job!!!!

these were 2 badged and armed officers. Not the kids you see sleeping on the piers or boats.
Thats why I let that one go. Last season I had 2 that fit my guage without wiggle room. The warden said it was not legal since that "technically" was within 3.25.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=27866
I asked these 2 and they said as long as no wiggle room you're good. I'll stick to "gauge doesn't fit" criteria for keepers. Not worth the hassle.