PDA

View Full Version : ?TrOuT @ cOrOnA?

catfish 17
10-23-2009, 04:06 PM
hey everyone thinking of heading to corona on sunday. wanna go catch some trout and maybe throw a pole for some cats. you think its worth it going on sunday?supposibly they stocked it yesterday today and their gonna stock tomorrow and sunday if im right. so what you guys think?and this will be my 1st time trout fishing.:Big Grin:

Thisfool
10-23-2009, 05:49 PM
i think its still to hot to catch trout but ive never been there so ya im down to get in some lake time.

so just pm me with what time and your # and what not and lets do this thing

jrockn
10-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I am down also! Goin sunday, I don't know if trout are going to bite, or cats but I am down. pm me , I got new rods and friends to go up w/ me frm San DIego. Hope corona meets to my expectations or I will never go agian. :D

troutman3
10-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Corona Lake is close to my house so I drove over to check it out and Its a Mudhole and the guy at the gate didnt know if any trout had been caught which means none!

jrockn
10-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Corona Lake is close to my house so I drove over to check it out and Its a Mudhole and the guy at the gate didnt know if any trout had been caught which means none!

thats a bummer. Not sure if its worth the drive then.

Koshaw
10-24-2009, 08:15 AM
The water temps are still high. Remember the sweet spot for trout is 57.5F. Thats when the water has a great amount of oxygen in it and the trout are happy and hungry.

I have heard that:

At 70F-80F+ the trout tend to stay towards the bottom, dont eat and sulk :( and At 80F the trout actually die due to lack of oxygen.

I heard that the water temps are now in the 70's or so.

Ya may want to wait a bit till the temps descend a bit more.

billstoudt
10-24-2009, 10:12 AM
i was there thursday night i caught 3 trout all about a pound 2 smaller cats and a tilapia.

the trout were all caught trolling a 1/8 yellow rooster tail tilapia was caught on some crickets i broght from my garage ( my daughter has some bearded dragons so i stole some of their food ) and the cats were on shrimp.

catfish 17
10-24-2009, 10:58 AM
oh so it looks like it aint worth it anymore. should we re schedule it?and if yea for what day?

JHDucky
10-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I plan on going somewhere after November 12. The water should have cooled down by then and the trout will be willing to come out and play.

Thisfool
10-24-2009, 12:25 PM
oh so it looks like it aint worth it anymore. should we re schedule it?and if yea for what day?

if that’s what you wanna do your going to have to wait tell mid November and hell if this winter is anything like last winter you might have to wait tell early December stupid California weather it never plays by the rules its always got to do its own thing

but im sure with how warm its been the last few days the cats are still taken the hook

Even thou I switched up the lighter tackle im down to try for some catfish or crappie or what ever is dumb enough to take my hook

catfish 17
10-24-2009, 09:56 PM
oh. so when then to see if i have a ride for that day