PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Storage?

Fire Ball
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
What is the best way to store my tackle and how can I tell what each thing is if I take them out of the package? I probably need a new tackle box that is better, but I don't know how to store them in the tackle box.

SoCalSteve
10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
buy plano trays and put them in a backpack.

Fire Ball
10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
buy plano trays and put them in a backpack.

That isn't a bad idea, lol. I should do that and then some how make it so I can attach rods to the backpack too...

dfisher
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I believe they make a carrying bag that has rod holders, and perfect for those plastic cases.

jim532
10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
as far as knowing what is what after you take it out of the package, over time you will just know, because you caught something with it, or becuase it cost a lot of money, funny name, because you haven't caught anything with it, or you see it all the time in the store, etc..
I have a ton of lures for bass, trout, srtripers and I remember what they're all called for one reason or another.

Fire Ball
10-24-2009, 07:44 PM
as far as knowing what is what after you take it out of the package, over time you will just know, because you caught something with it, or becuase it cost a lot of money, funny name, because you haven't caught anything with it, or you see it all the time in the store, etc..
I have a ton of lures for bass, trout, srtripers and I remember what they're all called for one reason or another.

How about hooks and weights and things like that? How am I going to know how much they weigh, what kind they are or what size they are? Just leave them in the package?

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
FB.....I use those small weekly med boxes, the ones that have separate spaces for meds for the weekto store hooks in. You can find them at WalMart, Target, or pharmacys. They make different sizes so you can use a smaller size for hooks and another bigger size for weights. You can also use those old 35mm clear plastic film containers for weights. I sometimes use a backpack with a small box inside to help hold the shape of the pack, and in the small front zippered pocket in front I put my hooks, weights and smaller items that could get lost in the main pack. Hope this helps.
TTFM

Troutman65
10-24-2009, 07:56 PM
For trout fishing I have gone the way of the soft tackle type bags. I have like 4 of them that hold all my crap. :LOL::Wink: From my plastic worms to my reels . There are lots of zippered pockets to stash your tackle. It works for me.